We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

thunderhawk17382

I am not saying they can do something against it, that's almost impossible. The only way would be to take the developer of the forza studio. I am not very clever in the law topics, but I doubt they can do something against it. They would have to dig much more, and take the guys, which made it possible to rip xbox games at all. I don't think they will ever find out who it was, so they can actually do nothing against others rip their models.

But it is very dangerous to say "they don't care", as I think they actually can't stand the fact, others take their hard work and make them available for everyone for free. But actually, they just can't do anything against it.

Why are you on these forums then if you think TDU2 is one of the worst driving games? :S Any gamer will know that TDU2 offers something that a lot of driving games don't. I think its one of the best and has much more replay potential than Boring Motorsport 4 or 5.

Im here because of the first TDU you know the great one i LOVE that game, and yes you are right TDU 2 offers a lot of driving games dont A broken unrealistic driving physics :D

No seriously it has few things to offer but its a driving game the main focus should be at physics, car sounds and stuff related around cars, but in case of TDU2 its not, and thats exactly what ruined the game for me, I'll rather play FM4/Horizon with great physics and sounds instead.

@ Jorge i think this one would be better

Im here because of the first TDU you know the great one i LOVE that game, and yes you are right TDU 2 offers a lot of driving games dont A broken unrealistic driving physics :D

No seriously it has few things to offer but its a driving game the main focus should be at physics, car sounds and stuff related around cars, but in case of TDU2 its not, and thats exactly what ruined the game for me, I'll rather play FM4/Horizon with great physics and sounds instead

Yeah I'm serious. Can you explain to me why T10 have not done anything yet? What competition does TDU2 pose to them? What harm are our modders that work for free doing?

Just because a company doesnt do anything about it, doesnt mean they do not care. They may (and probably do) hate the very idea of their stuff getting ripped off after they had to pay thousands to get those cars.Bbut know from legal standpoint there is not much they could do. its just not worth going after every single person involved.

But dont make the mistake in thinking companies are " just cool about it" simply because they havent taken anyone to court over it. there are a myriad of different reasons why a company may choose not to seek legal action against thousands of non entities, on some little car site.

yes, bac mono and etc
well.. we'll see. Need something to get into confidence (being a tester for UP) ? or the team is full ?

EDIT :

Guess what :

1:One will replace agera Geneva protype A1 Class from the game ! Just that !

i think i'm on serious clue about that work you made all. start to getting my first Hypercar slot !

EDIT² :

What.. me ? nervous ? nope just.. ah hell yes ! nervous ! not for this upcoming v0.4 but for futures releases, i'm pretty worry about them.

Bac Mono will be on the slot of KTM X-bow?

There's no problem with bike ? I think that if we have a motorcycle that others do not have and that once in the game he sees us that their game crashes because default bike is not set in database . :(

For Agera gauge ,i was looking at the file were are stored the settings and it seems very complicated to change it to digital.

So a gauge based on the CCXR style seems better.

Oh God...what did some of you smoke? I want some too...... You're arguing about models and Forza and things.. arguing on the internet..... It's okay, Atari is behind these, if they would have made a proper TDU no one would be arguing over stupid things here.

Just because a company doesnt do anything about it, doesnt mean they do not care. They may (and probably do) hate the very idea of their stuff getting ripped off after they had to pay thousands to get those cars.Bbut know from legal standpoint there is not much they could do. its just not worth going after every single person involved.

But dont make the mistake in thinking companies are " just cool about it" simply because they havent taken anyone to court over it. there are a myriad of different reasons why a company may choose not to seek legal action against thousands of non entities, on some little car site.

In an other community there were some modders who created a racing series mod. Just short before release, the (racing series) license owner got knowledge and made the project getting stopped by lawyers.

The modders had to stop and destroy all the files and they had to sign a declaration to cease and desist. They were not allowed to talk about the reasons to anybody in the community.

I was not a big fan of chocolatestar in the past, but in this case, he is absolutely right. Modding is a legal grey area.

As i said, companies are not cool over it. just most dont bother/ cannot be bothered to deal with all the legal issues involved in getting an entire community to stop. Some might. But just because they don't do anything doesn't mean they are ok about it.

That previous post wasnt so much about the legality of it, it was more in response to the " well explain why turn 10 havent done anything yet"

Its not really a grey area though at all. The short and simple answer is.. Anyone making a tdu mod using models obtained from a different game IS breaking a copyright law, which makes it illegal. The grey area only comes into play when things like "fair use" or " non profit" are used. but a copyright law was still broken none the less. Its the "owners" of the original models that consider how grey the grey area is by choosing whether to take legal action or not. And a company could let it ride for 2 years and then decide " ok this has gone way too far now" and scrap the fair rights idea. If they chose to, turn 10 could at any time turn around and slap this site with a cease and desist notice and we would have to abide by it.

Which brings me full circle back to the original point of... Charging ( in any way) for mods.. Many users consider charging for mods is illegal yet free mods are perfectly fine.. which has no basis of fact other than their own opinion. Its the internet everybody expects to get everything for free and when they suddenly find there is something they really want but cant get it unless they either do the hard work themselves or put their hand in their pocket, they get all bent out of shape about it.

As i said above ALL mods (made with ripped off models) are illegal due to the copyright laws, paying mods only seem worse coz you have to put your hand in your pocket for it.. Regardless if its free or a paid for mod, its still illegal

{ I actually encountered a guy in my chat room once that truly honestly believed that because he paid his £12.99 a month for his 1mb internet, that it granted him access to anything and everything for free "because i have already paid my money" He actually said that because he paid his money for the internet he was allowed to download any movie, music or game he liked. So i asked him " well if you are allowed to download everything for free and you paid £12.99 what do i get for my £60 a month?" the question confused him obviously :) }

In regards to what is more likely to attract attention, then yes of course charging money for mods is gonna bring more attention than free mods, but as i said in another post there are "loop holes" with that . Don't charge "Per mod" if you have a price tag next to each mod then yeah, clearly you are selling mods.. But if you have say... a VIP area where you keep the best mods and you charge a monthly/yearly fee to access that, then that is different. the mods are still free, but the area they are kept in is restricted and the only way to get that access is a fee. Thats pretty common for a lot of sites that have downloadable content. you have the free section and you have a "special area" for people who are "willing" (its a choice) to pay for that..