We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Transmission discussion

RX_37

Which transmission do you drive most atm?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which transmission do you drive most atm?

• Manual (H shifter)
    • Standard automatic
    • CVT
    • Dual-Clutch (i.e. DSG, Powershift)
    • Other
    • Don't drive yet

That's fair, I'm quite happy with manual, although as previously stated if I had the money for something fast I'd certainly consider a semi auto box. The jerkiness at low speed is an issue but they are getting better and better.

Except you can't legally drive either of the cars in your sig. :3 /troll

Well... That makes no sense, if I said I have no issue with auto and still find it fun, how does me not being able to drive a supercar become an exception? Its merely a setback.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to start working out if pressing a clutch a few times hurts your leg. I've driven manuals for 4 years now and only on 1 or 2 days of that time i felt a little strained in my leg and that was while driving the company Toyota Hiace with a heavy duty work clutch all day with a lot of stops everywhere. Not even once in a normal car.

Here is the problem with today's kids that i'm worried about in the future. Everyone is too lazy to do anything themselves anymore. So everyone relies on tech to do everything for them.

Read this (with comments) and you'll know what i mean: The secret danger of safety technology

Bro I had only just turned 13 then and I was lazy.

imagine a big over 2 tonne weighing 7-series or X5 with a manual gearbox who whould want that?

now i am planning to buy a BMW E39 M5 which only comes with a manual gearbox and im a happy for that.

before i had a E36M M3 Covertible with an SMG gearbox and it doesn ride bad as most people say it does at low speeds.

but when it broke down i cost me so much to fix it i decided to sell it.

SMG DCT DSG Automatic its all fun and relaxed when it works but when it breaks you'll hate it in a second

imagine a big over 2 tonne weighing 7-series or X5 with a manual gearbox who whould want that?

Why would anyone want that? To showoff that you're rich and be able to look down on everyone else?

Big useless cars that does nothing more than a car half that size does.

I still need to get my permit (this February), which is when I can start saving for my own car. A must for whatever I get is a good, old stick-shift manual. I just prefer it, but sadly all of the cars my family has are automatics. I'll learn on them, obviously, but when the time comes I'll shift for myself. (insert motivational speech here)

• 2 weeks later...