We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 DLC2 + Fixes Announced *PC 12/04*

Eudemon

Will you buy TDU2 DLC2?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy TDU2 DLC2?

• NO DUCKING WAY!
    • Of course. I support this game despite everything.
    • I'll see what it provides (if anything) before deciding.

## UPDATE: 2012-03-08 | First Official Bike Image shown ##

Wall Photos | Facebook

## UPDATE: 2012-03-01 | Small update regarding DLC2 ##

A lot of your fellow players have pointed this out but I know you are looking for an offical word. We are still working to get DLC2 ready for final release, at this date there is no confirmed release date.

Some folks have referenced the December 7th, 2011 post:

“The exact date of release hasn’t been determined yet but it’s looking to be in February 2012."

http://forums.testdriveunlimited2.com/showthread.php?t=59907

At the time of posting, this was looking like a possible date, but due to the scale of the new features we’re implementing this is no longer the case. We don’t have a date we can announce, but as soon as we do you guys will be the first to know.

DLC2 is close. It is up and running and looks great, but we need to be very sure that we’re fully QA’d, polished up and ready to go. Atari and Eden are doing everything we can to get the new content out as soon as possible, but we need to get everything running perfectly before we unleash it on the road. We can only ask for your patience as we work to get it out the digital door.

We love the dedication, commitment and passion of the TDU2 community and we want to keep everyone happy, but please hang with us while we get you the best content possible for this game we all love!

Source: DLC2 Status Update - Test Drive Unlimited 2 Forums

Just saw this posted by Meixy at TDU2.com

Hey TDU2 Players,

Here are the DLC2 details! That means more content and more fixes for TDU2! (Note: The exact date of release hasn’t been determined yet but it’s looking to be in February 2012). Early next year experience your new bike first hand or take your new Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR for a spin! Check out all new vehicles, items, and enhancements down below.

List of content that will be included in the DLC2:

Features:

Bikes are in place! Run to the bike dealer to buy an Harley Davidson or a Ducati. With the release of bikes, 16 new multiplayer challenges reserved for bikes were added.

3 Bikes

• Ducati Desmosedici RR (mA1)

• Ducati Diavel Carbon (mA1)

• Harley Davidson Fatboy Lo (mA2)

The Official Racing Center (O.R.C.) is available and gives you access to 3 new challenges every week.

New Spots:

• 1 new Bike Dealer

• Update The Community Racing Center (C.R.C.) spot

• Clothes Shop for Brands

6 Cars

• Corvette ZR1

• F599XX

• Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR

• Ferrari 250 GTO

• Ferrari F40

• Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Black Series

Items:

New sets of Clothes

• Fashion

• High Life

• StreetsWear

• Sportswear

• Atari

• Privilege

• Pacha

14 Sets of Furniture

• Pop-balls

• Videogames

• Barroco

• Tetramino

• Carmania

• Yacht

• Etnik

• Vintage

• Tortilla

• Ossikle

• Waive

• Travel

• Origami

• Flower Power

Enhancements:

Additional Enhancements

• Player could change vehicles position in house/garage

• Map: Instant Island change

• Headlight Control

Session management

• Tuning update

• Force Feedback – Enhanced Force Feedback Management

• Support Thrustmaster Wheels

• Support D-Box Device

Race On.

Source: DLC2 Details Released - Test Drive Unlimited 2 Forums

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the team they have I'd say it's not too bad and even though it's at least 2 months away it's promising to see them considering or teasing potential asks such as the Garage moving, bikes and FFB fixes and support. If they were smart and that's a big if this will be free (they can't charge for fixes so I believe it will be free) and the reason is simple.

Release for free and provide what people are asking for to get people buying the game again, getting new people to buy it and also get people back to playing as then you have a greater audience for future premium content. Going down the paid for road with DLC2 would be stupid as people are looking to DLC2 to bring them back to the game and they aren't going to want to pay for something they may not like especially considering how they have been treated and also how long it has taken for this to come.

Of course server stability has to be done along with this if they really want to see TDU2 take off again.

I'm happy to see they haven't abandoned this game just yet, but seriously, am I the only one dissapointed with DLC2? Not only it's coming sometime in February 2012. (!), it's far from quality content too. When they've said we'll get new cars, I've kinda expected to get far more than those 6, of whom some are already ingame. Clothes? Furniture? Come on, it's boooring. And what's with just 3 bikes? IMO, I've really hoped DLC2 would blow our minds away with it's epicness, but instead, we just get a massive headache. It's nice to see improvements with better Force Feedback, vehicle managment, and headlight controls... but overall this is far from great.

I've really hoped DLC2 would blow our minds away with it's epicness, but instead, we just get a massive headache.

so it did giva a blow to ur mind huh? just not the correct one

but i agree with you i expected a major fix like with GT5 the SPEC II updtae and with a few cars which werent already on the game >.>

I agree but this is why I believe this will be free and they will use the popularity and activity from after it to determine where to go with the premium content. I mean think about it TD Ferrari (TDF) is out the following month so it would be either the perfect way for them to end any and all support for the game and move onto TDF or continue to earn the respect by supporting TDU2 and using the money generated by TDF and DLC sales to support both titles.

If they charge for DLC2 then I believe what's left of the TDU2 community will just go onto something else as I can't see that many actually paying for it. So the quicker they confirm the pricing of it if any the better.

I don't care about bikes, but I was expecting to see more than just 3. ZR1 was in DLC 1, so most of the work must've been enhancements, spots and clothing. F40 and FFB sound intersting, will probably be enough to get me to try the game out, but that doesn't mean I'll play it for more than a week like I did with the last DLC if the physics aren't sufficiently improved.

Yet another waiting game. :)