We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 DLC2 + Fixes Announced *PC 12/04*

Eudemon

Will you buy TDU2 DLC2?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy TDU2 DLC2?

• NO DUCKING WAY!
    • Of course. I support this game despite everything.
    • I'll see what it provides (if anything) before deciding.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atari can DUCK themselves. I preordered this game n paid full price. Now they expect this to help sales..... I know that the company has to make money. But first fix it before charging for apparent "premo" content. Personally. Atari can suck it, choke n go to hell.

I think they should release rapists on the atari money grubbing executives and really show em how it feels to be raped. A lil extreme but thats how I feel corrupt money grubbing executives, politicians, lawyers, and govt officials should be handled.

I see some confusion between a poll and an actual official notification.

It is highly unlikely that this DLC2 should be payware. Many people have explained that very well. Long terms short, due to its interaction with the game, there would be only one way to make it payware : having a free DLC2 and a pay DLC2. But that would be twice the amount of work, and everybody here knows that it couldn't be handled by Eden. So the DLC2 is going to be free. Proven...

But be prepared for a lot more payware DLCs : more cars (I can imagine a Ferrari pack, due to TDF proximity !), more motorbikes...

Or so I hope ?

I think people are getting confused because of the way it was announced but the fixes have to be free as they are core to the game, the other additional content could and probably will be requiring purchasing but get the idea that the fixes are going to need to be bought out your head. As they can't do that at least on the consoles anyway, PC well who knows.

I'm definitely in the minority it seems, but I'll give it a fair chance. I'm pretty lenient, and as many bugs as there were in the game, I still enjoyed it. I'm a little disappointed in the lack of bikes and cars being brought on (Really...a Ferrari 599xx? That one is quite unnecessary, I would have preferred something we don't already have. Not to mention, that's three Ferrari's alone...it would have been nice to see the new Koenigsegg Agera in there or a large luxury sedan we haven't had yet...), that being said, I see me buying the other five cars and one of the bikes. All the other updates make it interesting, I won't lie, but it really comes down to how much they end up charging for it. If it ends up being decently priced, yeah, I'll pick it up, but if it ends up making the game worse or it's too expensive, I'll wait the other eight months before they fix that.

Very fair point but I guess I'm in the no money from me boat until I can enjoy the driving in the game again. Incidentally I haven't voted yet as I'm sort of in the same boat as you in regards to what they decide to charge for it but I'll definitely be waiting to see what others say before even thinking about spending any of the MSP I've had for about a year now. :lol:

The way it has been announced has made it look like this is an all in one but in effect it will probably be split unless they are seriously considering packing it all as one but having an unlock/108 code to open up the premium DLC. Which as well all know has worked wonders in security with the on the disc cars. :susp:

• 2 months later...

Just saw this posted at TDU2.com

If I might drop a line to tease you with this thought: we are working on a new trailer/teaser which we hope to share very s**n.
With this I think it's evident that DLC2 will be hitting in March, whether that's for all platforms or just some is another matter but hopefully we'll get some clarification in the near future.