We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand

Eudemon

Exactly as it says on the tin. What do you think of this pack? If you were smart you got it free as you bought the Limited Edition if you have bought it then hearing your thoughts would be even more relevant.:)

Myself I enjoyed the maps for the most part, only tried Strike, Oman and Wake I think on Rush and despite the annoyance of some dedicated have to be snipers the increased destruction and vehicles made for some great battles. Wake Island feels strange and small for some reason though, not sure what it is about that. Going to be going for another session shortly and will give more impressions afterwards but some things I don't like is the new additions to the minimap in that it seems to show you enemy mines and such now, that's fine if you or a team mate with you has them in line of sight but they seem to always show now. Hardcore mode would be so much better if it was just the screen minus everything HUD wise, maybe they should create an Extreme option just to see how it would work. :hmmm:

Anyway share away!

Yea, the update broke the mine spotting, they seem to be spotted as soon as you deploy them.

I've only been on Strike at K and Oman and I thought thy were brilliant. I'll be on it again in a bit too.

An EXTREME HARDCORE mode would be awesome. With just base markers on it and kill confirmations.

I think this DLC is a new breath for BF3. Basic maps (caspian border and firestorm operation apart) are too small for 64 players and some of these maps remind me a row of corridors .

These DLC maps are really adapted to BF3, it's mean adapted to a game where teams have to play strategy.

I like Strike at Karkand with the new engine. More positions to hide (apartements, stores), more destructible environments. This map is a perfect mix between close combat and long range fighting.

Not so much véhicles. I like this map in 32 players Rush Mod

Gulf of Oman is nice too. Large beach for best tanks confrontations, convenient for swoops with jets or choppers. After the city for close combat, high buildings for the snipers. It's easy to play all the class of the game.

These two maps are perfectly balanced and allow various approaches of the fight. Gulf of Oman is the map you have to play to 64 players in conquest.

Sharqi Peninsula is probably the smallest of all, but we do not feel cramped as on Grand Bazaar. The TV station is a great place for snipers. I like to play this map in conquest.

Wake Island is not my favorite map, but it is very stylish. The atmosphere of colors is magnificent. In rush mod it's I think a very interesting map to play.

its not really the maps i'm looking at they are good its the new weapon systems that i'm looking at. Atm i only have unlocked the FAMAS assault rifle for the assignmets and i'm not thrilled with it. it may have the worst iron sights in the history of the world which is sad cause when i did finally line someone up in the sights, the gun killed quite quickly.

the vehicles however, are excellent. i love driving the buggy/sandrail thing, its very fun. the tank is very nice, but its just a tank no real driving impressions. I am in love with the F35 jet though. I love the vertical take off ability and the fact that it can hover over the battle field and is very easy to land. it isn't as agile as its Russian counterpart but i find it easier to fly and i can get many kills with it.

All in all, I think this DLC is very good and i wonder what they'll come up with next