We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Any interest in handling mods?

patrikje

I would love to see someone fixing the handling, playing TDU1 now, first played it over 2 years ago and still enjoying it but I hate to think of the fact that I can't enjoy TDU2 because the handling sucks:sulk: So I am curious if there is any interest in creating a handling mod, don't get me wrong, not a handling mod that is made especially to get a advantage over other players but a handling mod finally making TDU2 worth playing. I myself know nothing about coding so I can't really be of help with this but are there any modders or other people interested in seeing such a mod? Hope I won't get some people angry for asking a mod that messes with the core game mechanics

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I'm dying 4 this mod. I love handling which was used in TDU! It is the most awsome way to drive a car like NFSU and U2 if u ofcourse looking 4 easy amateur driving style. I just cant start to play TDU2 because handling it is so annoying and it pisses me off! Why change something was really god 4 this crap? For what? stupid!

I have big hope someone will do it and make all the TDU fans happy:thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

It's possible, so I've been seeing in the unzipped files We can change (of course for Offline) or even use the TDU 1 handling, the problem is to open the files from there, they are in .xml and I still do not have enough knowledge to change but I'll see if I can help and maybe ask for some help to my friends, Hence 5 hours I put into something if we can change or not :)

Sorry not to have answered in the allotted time, I work a little delay :P

Well, I checked and the principle is not changing the files .xml although I believe it is the .XMB but they are encrypted and so I have to wait to see if my friend can do only what he's busy with a project WarZ.....

Possible is possible, only that complicated ...

Once you get response or reply if you can not do

I wonder if this stupid, back and forth, camera movement might be fixed one day.

Ye, i know what you mean.

This is part of the motion blur/speed effect.

I am sure it can be disabled or to be adjusted more less in one of the cpr files.

That sounds great! Let me know if you need help

Nice!

I need people with a bit knowledge on how to build drift setups.

Best would be those who are familiar with TDU1 HC mode + Wheel.

Yeah defenitly looks way better . Drift is one of the main points who is responsible for the bad handling (and asphalt feeling) so its the better point to get started in this project

Still like djey said those cameras need to be fixed ...they realy make a huge roll in the way you see and feel the car (the way the car bouces in the asphault etc...needs to be smoother)... but really bro what you achieved already looks promising and very cool so please dont stop ... you can become soon the superhero of tdu2

I might install tdu2 when i feel that X-factor in this project if you know what i mean... the important is that you made me saw that i am right about the "hidden" tdu1 gameplay in tdu2

About the physics i can help too as i am a really perfectionist guy when i make physics for tdu1....and i like to test everything to is full potencial

Still like i said i am waiting for that X thing wich i believe you will achieve soon...once that happens i immidiatly install tdu2 to help you... as many others thrust me ...

if you created this project a year ago this forum would be exploding of posts by now....its a shame they didnt listened us

Good to know to have support on that.

I will write a H mode creater tool to build good settings 4 each car.

As this is the most time consuming thing in the H mode patch.

It is nearly impossible 4 me alone to edit all cars handling.

But before that i'll write the vfx smoke patcher tool.

I will let you know when its done.