We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Any interest in handling mods?

patrikje

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Very cool to see it is actually possible to mod the driving dynamics of TDU2. One of the points that keep a lot of players from playing it more often or playing it at all.

It would be more helpful IMO to try to fix some of the basic flaws in the handling, like the uncontrolled sliding or the locking brakes. Especially 4WD cars seem to suffer from it.

Much more important than to try to recreate the HC mode from TDU1. That handling option could be a nice addition to a snow and ice setup.

Especially the feedback is still something that needs attention. Both FFB and audio (tire squeal and screams). Good handling also starts with good control. Feedback is a large part of that.

And than there is the possibility you will be banned for tempering with the files, even if these modifications you show do not bring any advantage in races.

I wish you good luck figuring out the handling and with this HC2 mode, but also hope you will take a look at the basic flaws in the handling.

PS Atari has confirmed to me that there are no official confirmed plans to release new content soon®

They are also placed on a complete standstill as long as the legal stuff has not been solved. All they do now is keep the servers alive.

It would have been nice if they would have given some sort of statement about any future plans or change in attitude towards TDU2 modding in general.:cool:

At first, sorry 4 the double post.

But Those News deserves to have a own post.

I just managed to find the Physics Local in the extracted TDU2 game Files.

So this means permanent Physics edit.

No more Memory editing needed.

I could write a Tool like tduPE wich we had for TDU1.

And my H-Mode could be permanent.

But i dont think this would be a good thing.

Because i will not be able to switch off the online Races.

And i dont want to support cheaters.

If you could make an H mode like tdu1 i would just release all my sounds for tdu2 XD (including the sound pack 2)

keep it up bro dont stop please you can save us all !

Is there any evidence that proper physics are faster than the default rubbish ones? Keep up the good work. Don't worry about double-posting if sufficient time has passed since your last one.

No, i build the H mode to have at least same max speed than default.

But i would open up a new door for the cheaters if they know how and wich file to edit.

@Jorgemodek

That would be nice!

Great news :thumbsup:

Can you edit the uncontrolled sliding and locking brakes?

And access the FFB files?

And please take a look at fixing the default handling too. H-mode can be fun but more for a snow and ice mod.

I like cars to drive more real. And a lot of players do too.:cool:

Don't worry about those noob cheaters. TDU2 is stuffed with them anyway.:lol:

If you could make an H mode like tdu1 i would just release all my sounds for tdu2 XD (including the sound pack 2)

Talking about motivational speeches, lol :D

:thumbsup:

PS What is that digital Fly doing on my screen :eek:

Can you edit the uncontrolled sliding and locking brakes?

Yes i can.

And access the FFB files?

Nope, not yet possible.

And please take a look at fixing the default handling too. H-mode can be fun but more for a snow and ice mod.

I like cars to drive more real. And a lot of players do too.:cool:

Hmm, it is a lot work and if i redo the cars handling/physics i want it to be regonised.

Maybe i'll do a TDU2pe tool for a few amount of people to let them fix the stock handling.

Don't worry about those noob cheaters. TDU2 is stuffed with them anyway.:lol:

That's true but its kinda annoying and i dont want to open Pandora's box for them.

regards

Hi again, some of you remember me from the period when I updated TDU2 filelist for DLC2.

Now I am working on similar mod on Polish Community TDU board. Like VooDooShamane I know how to make the handling mods permanent and have similar feelings about a new backdor for cheaters but there are cheaters anyway. People who are most annoying in the game already bought their trainers and probably will don't know how to make changes to our mods anyway.

My main goal is to fix cars that are not working properly like Q7, Evora by slightly modifying each car's setup. This would not affect multiplayer because changes are rather cosmetic. I change only that what is needed for the car to drive without glitches. I've already fixed Evora gears, Q7 at high speeds, RGT hitting tarmac, jumping F40, 250GTO. I consider preparing one car for drifting only.

Another thing I'll put in my modification are hidden cars which i can easily unlock and put in dealershops. If you remember abandoned TDU2 Community Patch you know what i mean. It is also posible (like in TDU2 community patch) to make the room for new mod cars without replacing the old ones.

If you guys are interested in it i ll make another thread on this board. In the future we can join our projests and release TDU2 HC Unofficial patch.

Ah, another thing. Unpacked game will not be nessesary.

My main goal is to fix cars that are not working properly like Q7, Evora by slightly modifying each car's setup. This would not affect multiplayer because changes are rather cosmetic. I change only that what is needed for the car to drive without glitches. I've already fixed Evora gears, Q7 at high speeds, RGT hitting tarmac, jumping F40, 250GTO. I consider preparing one car for drifting only.

If you guys are interested in it i ll make another thread on this board. In the future we can join our projests and release TDU2 HC Unofficial patch.

Ah, another thing. Unpacked game will not be nessesary.

Off course we'll be interested. Some mistakes the devs made are not only strange, but the follow up is considered insulting by a lot of players. Things like the gear mess on the Evora were NOT fixed with the next patch, even if there was an extensive feedback list on the old forum, forwarded by GMJahia. If you leave stuff like that in place, you have no pride in your work IMO. Same goes for stupid holes in cockpits and other stuff like offset wheels.

I recently made a CRC with the Ferrari 250GTO, so i know exactly what you mean by the bouncing. But the F40 and GTO are also some of the few cars that actually drive well (except the bouncing part). Curb kicks, bottoming out cars and stuff like that have been there since the beginning. Sliding uncontrolled in 4wd cars and locking brakes are annoying too.

It would be great if something like the Community Patch would continue with these physics features added.

The Nissan 370z would make an excellent drift car.

Adding more cars with new car slots would be awesome as well. It would surely open up the game.

Only thing missing is the option to create a complete new location. Combine the best drivers roads in the world and wrap it up in an awesome new Island. Could be cool:cool:

I think what is important, is that efforts support each other and not do the same thing twice. It seems like a lot of work already, but i still think TDU2 has even more Modding potential than TDU1.

To not make the same things twice is highly important.

We have to stay in contact and talk on anything we do.

Adding new cars and maybe make some of the existing cars traffic vehicles was also a thought of me.

I already did a handling fix on the caterham super light to not bounce like a gelly ball after a jump.

Thats one of the major bugs they did in dlc2 to a lot cars.

I think what is important, is that efforts support each other and not do the same thing twice. It seems like a lot of work already, but i still think TDU2 has even more Modding potential than TDU1.

No doubt in that .

And yes Ofc we are interested in this Project

More fantastic and accurate would be you guys working together...

Adding new cars and maybe make some of the existing cars traffic vehicles was also a thought of me.

This would be awesome as well. Never understood why they didn't use the existing licenses for traffic cars.

Maybe some of the TDU1 traffic mod cars can be converted too ;)

Maybe some of the TDU1 traffic mod cars can be converted too ;)

Ye to have new/old ones is a great idea.

But would require a lot of action in zmodeler i think.

Overall is the idea great to have TDU2 with a TDU1 feeling.

Yesterday i did some resarch on the ambience sounds Birds/wind/citty and so on and i saw that TDU1 has stored them in a xmb file.

I succesfully extracted it and noticed that they are 22 and with same names as in TDU2.

So it would be easy to have the TDU1 Ambience sonds in TDU2.

By the way, i created a new TDU2 Hardcore Thread here

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi,

I Also editing in the physics.cpr file... There are some nice things to edit, i mean it is more than only edit the brake pressure for a realistic brake.

I rewrote the complete cpr file but only the car physics not the bike phy...

I will made some test in the future to show you what can be done by editing the Physics.cpr file

Drifting is now possible with every car.. the brake are now edited with every handling mode... not only in hypersport! i also added more steering angle... etc

Greetz Sly

• 6 months later...