We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

New to modding.

Superleggera

Hey guys!

I'm new here, to TDU and modding so can someone please explain it like I'm five.

I'm trying to mod TDU 1 and I'm running into a few problems, like , do cars come with installers or do you have to do it manually ?

lol, I'm a real newb. Do I need to update my TDU or something ? Do cars that I mod replace other cars ?

And could someone help me find some specific mods like uhm , A cool winter mod, graphic mods , new traffic etc.and such..

I would be real grateful :)

There are tons of mods, just search throught the forums. I recommend iLLusion's Island Paradise.

Cars, that are mods, replace old cars. You can swap them. For example: VW Golf GTI replaces 'Golf_R32.bnk' . If you want to replace A3, you just rename it to the 'A3_V6. REMEMBER, cars have always three or four files: One for exterior, interior (xxx_I.bnk) and rims. This is almost same for replacing sounds. gauges etc. Some mods have installers, too.

Patch 1.66 or community patch 1.68 is strongly recommended, Djey's magicmap (allows replacing bigger files than original ones) is required. You need TDU Modding Tools and TDU Performance Editor.

Long story short: You're just replacing files.

Hope I helped you a bit :)

Edit: Nooo, Andreaz was faster :mad: :lol: