We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Power supply not enough voltage?

Fear Deer

CDMC, try OCCT's readings :p

i'm using old thermal paste so even in idle i get ~40c, i don't want even to DL OCCT now :D i know that program, tomorrow i will buy and re-apply new thermal paste and maybe get a new cooler or something. cause when i replaced my athlon with 1075T, i dint had any thermal paste left so i used the one that was one the heat sink (YES, i know its bad. DO NOT do this!!)

Just remember the Athon II's are faulty Phenoms and overvolting has risks other than extra heat.

with almost 1.5v on x4 630 at 3.5Ghz i was getting max temps of 42c running prime95. i actually like those cheap CPU's not once it let me down. maybe i will build another system and use that old cpu in it :)

lol using old thermal paste = bad idea xDDDDDD

Athlon II's are Phenom II's without L3 Cache. The ones which are Faulty Phenom II's have a certain serial number characteristic which mine doesnt have, and the last Athlon II's (like mine, the best athlon II, the 645), are not made out of faulty CPU's, but the serial number check cleared it out for me.

Yea true camel, overvolting has other risks, im glad it all worked out fine for me, 3.8ghz 1.5v, sometimes it says the whole night on, it renders videos for hours straight, never a problem. Im happy, 97€ for a CPU which overclocked gets epic benchmark scores, i've more FPS's in games than some people with certain i7's and same graphics card as mine(ofc, depends of the i7 xD), I love my little cpu :)

Intel prices are ABUSE, 97€ would only buy me a 2.2ghz Core2Duo. They even have Core2Duo at 160€ 3.0ghz here, with that money id buy a phenom II 6 core 3.2ghz black edition!

So my 97€ 4 core cpu, with a nice overclock, reaches the score of a stock 6 core.

On Crysis 1, with it maxed out, with my gtx 550 ti, everything maxed out, anti aliasing 4x, i get 40-60FPS ;)

Crysis 2 i have 50-70 FPS lol!

Also AMD vs Intel war:

An AMD CPU with x Cores will always be worse than an Intel CPU with x Cores and same clock speeds etc.

But with the price of an intel CPU with x Cores, you buy an AMD with 2x Cores ;)

Sonigate :: Intel Core i5 2500K 3.30GHz : Intel Socket 1155

Check that, i5 2500k, 4 cores, 6 MB cache

now check this

Sonigate :: Processador AMD FX 8120 3.1GHz / 4GHz : Amd Socket Am3

Exactly, EXACTLY, the same price :P

8 cores, 32nm too, 16MB cache