We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

BEWARE - Demo Released!

Soul Challenger

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Nuts, not available for me by the look of it. :(

Apparently it's only available for viewing in France and Germany. Sorry for that.

Ai is one of the biggest things that keeps me coming back to Project CARS - I know if I get their difficulty number just right I can have battles against them on track 90% as good as if in a professional multiplayer league.

Yeah, I'm thinking good AI can be fun - maybe more than real humans where there's always a percentage of bored ones that like to ram.

Not checked this thread in quite a while and i'm pleasantly surprised in what i've just seen, the AI etc all look rather incredible and very different to what is on offer at the moment :) Hope everything is going okay behind the scenes as this seems rather promising!

Thanks for your feedback :) It's getting there... Applying for funding next month - hopefully a playable demo asap.

Some news :nods: Been trying to implement terrain deformation since a long time - finally I have found a solution that has almost no negative impact on performance. So much more fun driving offroad now. Here's a small preview:

RrVamvY.gif

• 4 weeks later...
That looks like a fun challenge. Just imagining the environment and the AI you are showing for this title makes me think this game is really going to put up a real fight against the player... in a good way! :D

Yeah, it will be a fine balancing act to make sure the challenge doesn't veer into frustrating territory. Like getting stuck in the mud for too long - although Spintires fans seemed to love it... :eek2:

Anyway, I know you're all, hopefully, enjoying ''The Second Coming" :p (I won't be, because widnows10)...

here's a recent test I did, an additional "fight against the player" situation :):

PYEOHrA.gif

"Right lads, let's get him!" :lol:

That looks so funny when they all leap out and race over to beat on the player car, seems dangerous too as the driver doesn't seem to care about their well-being and then them running like madmen at the end as the car starts to make a break for it. I can just imagine the sound effects in that moment and it's making me laugh. :p

You're getting noticed by some influential people Soul and that shout out for calling your game 'Nightmare Fuel' is a good one!

[media=twitter]782577785843965952[/media]

Have to thank you so much for sharing this with us. You are extremely talented and it is great to see it being seen by more of the main people. :nuts:

• 3 weeks later...
You're getting noticed by some influential people Soul and that shout out for calling your game 'Nightmare Fuel' is a good one!

Have to thank you so much for sharing this with us. You are extremely talented and it is great to see it being seen by more of the main people. :nuts:

Yes, I'm really glad that the game project got noticed :) New article published yesterday: https://killscreen.com/articles/driving-game-inspired-creators-real-life-escape-soviet-union/

Always happy to post updates here! :nods: Started doing some in-engine concept art. More to come

[ATTACH]27308[/ATTACH]

• 2 weeks later...
That's almost a horrorgame xD But it looks very well made sofar!

Thanks! Yeah it's kind of veering into horror/thriller territory, although more "cute" situations are also planned.

Is that VR/TrackIR support or just the way the camera works?

Yeah that looks really good with how frantically your character is looking about. If that's how you've made it be then nice work. Imagining this thing in VR too. Dayyummn!

That's just mouse-look. The camera rig is physics-based and mimics how a human body would behave inside the car. There's also automatic head-turning during oversteer situations. We* are thinking about possible VR support - should the technology manage to survive until the game's release. I have still not checked out VR myself but some players suggested it could add lots of additional immersion and in-car first-person view would minimize VR sickness.

That looks just amazing

Like a movie but in real time

Any plans on a Demo ?

Thank you!

*The good news is that an experienced programmer has recently joined my one man band. That will definitely accelerate the progress rate. Our current plan is to release a tech demo and we still have to decide which gameplay elements to include.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...