We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2: Community Patch

Speeder

What would be useful for the Community Patch v0.2?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. What would be useful for the Community Patch v0.2?

• Buyable club cars
    • Buyable reward cars
    • Buyable Hot Rod
    • Buyable School Cars
    • Add hidden clothes (such as Hawai t-shirt)
    • Enable the paint and stick for all the car (by the database)
    • Enable tuning for all the car
    • Fix the Dirt of every retail cars
    • Optimize TDU2 quality settings

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget about this update, I will try to publish another one when I'll have free time. (next week I hope...).

I'm enjoying the physics in hardcore, but I must say some of the cars brakes feel really underwhelming, most noticable at lower speeds when the braking effect should be much stronger. The handbrake on the other hand is now too strong and causes instant spins.

I had a try with the new physics file last night ( i dont have the game unpacked so i can't try the rest yet ) and i have to say i wasn't really that impressed :sulk:

I tested using the zonda roadster, gumpert apollo sport and the mercedes clk 63.

I drive with hardcore mode so i know it wasnt any aids that interfered.

The majority of the driving felt exactly the same... i was half expecting the brakes to be a lot weaker but still if i used more than about 1/3rd brake pedal i still got wheel lock up. But by far the worst problem is the handbrake, guys that shouldn't have been messed with like that, its horrible. With the original physics file you could give the handbrake a quick tap and it would make the back end step out, or you could hold it for about half a second and would cause full wheel lock. Now, if you just look at the handbrake funny it spins out on you, its like the handbrake button now launches an anchor out the back of the car. Its not even a wide slide or anything like that, it spin almost on the spot.

My suggestions would be, Firstly... Whatever you did to the handbrake, undo it, the handbrake was fine before. What ever you did to the normal brakes do more of it or look how to tweak them a little better if possible, because i honestly didn't notice much difference. The world physics themselves seemed fine, not that much difference from the original file. Its really just the brakes that Must be looked at, the rest meh! maybe give it a little more of a tweak.

In all honesty. i tried the physics for about an hour, got fed up with them, reverted back to the original physics and managed to do a perfect drift out of a T junction.

Race up to the junction at about 80mph, swing it left, tap the handbrake, punch the throttle and opposite lock, then feather the throttle till its straight.. It went round perfectly.

So please... Have another look at the physics file, its really not right yet, id go as far as to say its problematic.

As i said i haven't been able to try the fixes you did in the patch, but from what ive read of them they look great. Keep up the hard work guys n girls.

Well, as I am sure you know, this isn't the final version of the Physics.cpr file. This was more sort of a demonstration what's possible and like I said in my thread (Wanted: Testers..), there isn't that much to be done with the Physics.cpr file. We are currently messing with the database files and that's where the real grip, downforce etc. values are stored. Most of the parameters in Physics.cpr file are old leftovers, because Eden decided to move most of the parameters somewhere else.

Thanks for the critique and I am sure I'll implement your suggestions on the next file, when I get working on it. :) And just to be sure, were you using the latest file Speeder uploaded? The one that was included in the patch wasn't the right file.

To stop the confusion from players, I uploaded a version including the lastest Physics version but without the F430 and C8 Aileron.

I'll include the two cars in the v0.2 version.

Next version maybe included these cars(23):

//RACING SCHOOL CARS

Alfa Romeo MiTo Quadrifoglia verde Racing School Asphalt

Aston Martin V8 Vantage Racing School Asphalt

Chevrolet Camaro 1LT Racing School Classic

Dodge Viper SRT10 Racing School Asphalt

Ferrari 308 GTS Quattrovalvole Racing School Classic

Ferrari 458 Italia Racing School Asphalt

Ford Mustang Fastback Racing School Classic

Jaguar E-Type Coupe Racing School Classic

Koenigsegg CCXR Edition Racing School Asphalt

Lancia Delta integrale Racing School Classic

Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE Racing School Dirt

Lotus Esprit S3 Racing School Classic

Mercedes-Benz CLK 63 AMG Black Series Racing School Asphalt

Mercedes-Benz ML 63 AMG Racing School Dirt

Nissan GT-R Racing School Asphalt

Pagani Zonda F Racing School Asphalt

Volkswagen Touareg V10 TDI Racing School Dirt

//SPECIAL CARS

Dodge Charger SRT8 Police Hawaii

Dodge Charger SRT8 Police Ibiza

Audi R8 Quattro R Tronic

Koenigsegg CCXR Edition "Solar Crown"

Spyker C8 Aileron

//MOD

Ferrari F430

;)

^ Yes please add those special cars, especially the police cars since getting them ingame is impossible. And have you guys ever thought about the on/off brakes?

About the handling mod, is it me or is the suspension of the vehicles very stiff? Or are it just the über perfect roads of Ibiza without a single bump?

Thanks for the critique and I am sure I'll implement your suggestions on the next file, when I get working on it. :) And just to be sure, were you using the latest file Speeder uploaded? The one that was included in the patch wasn't the right file.

Your welcome, i know it might have sounded like i was having a bit of a bash at you guys, that wasn't intended by any means, i just kinda explain things in quite a frank and honest way.

Yeah i was using the latest physics file, i redownloaded it just in case i grabbed the older one the first time. But i hadn't, it felt the same in game.

The biggest difference you notice is in something like the nissan gtr or the Merc SL63 or anything thats quite grippy really. With the normal physics file you could approach a T junction at 60-80mph, swing in, pop the handbrake for a split second and as long as you can counter steer you can slide/drift around it fine. With the modded physics file you cant even do that at 50mph, it WILL just spin out on you..

Anyway, keep up the good work. One day we will have tdu2 as unlocked and moddable as tdu1 is. Then the game will get REALLY interesting.

Apologies for asking this but using this patch wont stop me going online will it, also I assume I still use it even if mine is the latest version.

New to PC gaming and since I have only just had the game I don't fancy getting banned.

Thanks

No problem of ban, since it doesn't edit any performances or adds hack to the game.

@Narwhal (narwhals, swimming in the ocean... :p): we can't edit the camera atm, but the 458 Ride can be fix.

After spending some more time with the physics.cpr I switched back to sport mode and the main brakes are much more well behaved, I just don't use the handbrake and all is well.

The majority of cars (especially 4wd) still brake loose far too easily. It's like they all run on cheap remoulds made from bin-liners.

Ok I take it back, not all cars slide too easy, I was just trying to do the R8 delivery mission in the rain at the time.

Please tell me I'm here not long ago, but wanted to ask you whether to add on my forum, my mini-mod to correct the speedometer from the headlights: RANGE ROVER & GTS400? (trying to fix the speedometer Toureg) ..... sorry for my English - I'm from Ukraine , text without translation, I think you can not understand. The original text : Скажіть будь ласка я тут не давно, але хотів запитати додавати мені на форум, мій міні-мод на виправлення спідометрів від фар: RANGE ROVER & GTS400? (намагаюся виправити спідометр Toureg)

Please tell me I'm here not long ago, but wanted to ask you whether to add on my forum, my mini-mod to correct the speedometer from the headlights: RANGE ROVER & GTS400? (trying to fix the speedometer Toureg) ..... sorry for my English - I'm from Ukraine , text without translation, I think you can not understand. The original text : Скажіть будь ласка я тут не давно, але хотів запитати додавати мені на форум, мій міні-мод на виправлення спідометрів від фар: RANGE ROVER & GTS400? (намагаюся виправити спідометр Toureg)

PM me with more informations we should discuss about it. :)

@Boardi: yup I'll post the vehicule list this evening (contains about 15 cars, hidden + mod included).

What would be useful for the Community Patch v0.2? (unlimited choice)

Buyable club cars

Buyable reward cars

Buyable Hot Rod

Buyable School Cars

Add hidden clothes (such as Hawai t-shirt)

Enable the paint and stick for all the car (by the database)

Enable tuning for all the car

Fix the Dirt of every retail cars

Optimize TDU2 quality settings

(sorry to put this here, but I can't add a poll in the first post idk why :/)

Thanks for support by community (around 900 downloads of the patch, yup! :D ).