We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Christmas Voucher

Beav

Hello. At work we get a £50 voucher for Christmas. The manager thought the assistant manager had given me my voucher but she hadn't. I thought "we are late getting our vouchers this year" so I asked about it when I worked boxing day. The manager then said "ile have to ask the area manager if you can still spend it". The area manager said "no, it was meant to be spent xmas eve"

Im thinking about ringing head office because its not on. Everyone had theres given to them apart from me.

Any ideas?

PS for those of you on overclockers I have posted this thread there too :twisted:

Temps/casuals don't usually get bonuses like full time staff

Well the whole store is part-time. Apart from the manager who does 5 days a week with 10hour shifts. Ive only done 4-10 hours a week for the past 5months. The main problem I have is the assistant manager was mean't to give it to me and she didn't so why should she get away with it. She was off sick which is fair enough but the place I work for is so un-organised, she should have told the manager she was off and couldn't give it to me and something else should be sorted out. Ile ring head office tomorrow and explain.

Just phoned head office. What a load of rubbish. They just said well the voucher has to be spent by xmas eve so if we printed you another one it wouldn't be valid. I said it wasn't my fault I didn't get it and they just kept saying well if we get you another it won't be valid. I ended up saying management is rubbish where I work. I also asked "so should I ask for it next time then because usually you don't ASK for your Christmas present" lol.

Ask for double this year then, that would mean you would need to stay their till then though.

yeah, im hoping to be out of there spring/summer time! Please please IT job please come up! lol. My mums a hair dresser and she tells people where I work. Well they may as well say that, lol

£50, not bad! No one gets anything at my work place so as you've missed out you can join the many thousands of unvalued employees around the country. Happy Great Britain :)

(Well my staff did get something, but it came out of my own pocket!)

Yeah its just no right how everyone got GIVEN theres and I didn't

Mid-December I think. The manager thought the assistant manager had given me mine but hadn't. The assistant manager was signed of sick for 2 weeks then came back for 1 week then got signed of again for a further two weeks. See the communication where I work sucks!

Hmm well that happens in retail, much more important things to worry about at Christmas. As it now appears to be too late for anything to be done about it I'd forget about it, kicking up a fuss wont make much difference, and I'm sure your work could make you surplus to requirements nice and legally if they wished too. especially as you've discussed the matter on public forums ;)

Hmm well that happens in retail, much more important things to worry about at Christmas. As it now appears to be too late for anything to be done about it I'd forget about it, kicking up a fuss wont make much difference, and I'm sure your work could make you surplus to requirements nice and legally if they wished too. especially as you've discussed the matter on public forums ;)

To be honest im not bothered. The health and safety where I work is rediculous. Ive mentioned before the lift not working, stuff like cardboard boxing on the back stairs which we have to carry stuff down, my not be health and safety but the tills have no chairs (tesco and other supermarket/stores do), ive seen an Ant or two on shelfs before now. There is 2 steps at the front of the store and the metal edging has comes off and the wood behind is starting to crumbled (very dangerous for elderly people). We also had a leak a year back and the roof (near the front entrance) still hasn't been plastered up!

To be honest im not bothered. The health and safety where I work is rediculous. Ive mentioned before the lift not working, stuff like cardboard boxing on the back stairs which we have to carry stuff down, my not be health and safety but the tills have no chairs (tesco and other supermarket/stores do), ive seen an Ant or two on shelfs before now. There is 2 steps at the front of the store and the metal edging has comes off and the wood behind is starting to crumbled (very dangerous for elderly people). We also had a leak a year back and the roof (near the front entrance) still hasn't been plastered up!

Sounds like normal problems to be honest. If the shop is leased then it's not down to them to get the problems fixed, it's upto the landlord. The company obviously isn't bothered about its staff so all I can recommend is to get out as fast as you can! :)

Sounds like normal problems to be honest. If the shop is leased then it's not down to them to get the problems fixed, it's upto the landlord. The company obviously isn't bothered about its staff so all I can recommend is to get out as fast as you can! :)

Yeah im trying dude. I keep searching :)