We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Show us your driving videos

Camel

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bet that was fun in the rain! But also shows some reasons why I won't do an open trackday.

Will have a video of a snowy Snake Pass just after sunset when I get time to put the video together. Sadly my dashcam went full Camel and only recorded half the journey so I didn't get any video of the best part coming down an awesome wooded lane. :(

Was an interesting experience on a wet track that's for sure, especially with an open diff haha. Open track days here are run well, you are put into groups based on car speed or experience, first timers get put in the slow group, but can get bumped up if they are running a lot faster than everyone else in the group, and doing so safely, it's always a fun day, can't wait until I get to do it again!

• 2 weeks later...

A little adventure from last year. The weather forecast looked awful. I was expecting to receive a cancellation SMS... but so were they. So uh, we just went for it. 5 hours to see some mates and 5 hours back the same day.

Click ^ for video

I was struggling to hold my head up (the wind was mostly doing that for me, thanks to um, plenty of room to twist my wrist. Fortunately one of my favourite roads was on the horizon, ready to wake me up.

• 1 month later...

It's a very quiet road, evidenced by it's width and lack of painted lines. I didn't want to be the one to day, but yes I also thought the views were somewhat reminiscent of the UK. Most road enthusiasts normally head north into the forest; many may be unaware of this road.

That looks remarkably like the Peak District! Apart from the big yellow corner warnings. We don't have them on many corners, we just let the idiots fall off the road.

And your voice always takes me by surprise. Not sure why it surprises me that you sound like an Australian, seeing as though you are an Australian... But still. :lol:

• 3 months later...

Amazon.com: Audio-Technica ATR3350iS Microphone for Smartphones - 19.69-Feet: Musical Instruments

There are better mics for a better price, but this one is the only mic with a long cable I could find here. Also got an exhaust vid which I'll upload later.

Clipped & taped it to the red battery plug. Basically the hottest place as I learnt afterwards, but it was fine. The battery was placed right behind the seal near the left hood strut to keep it away from heat.

2011-BMW-135i-coupe-test-drive-20.jpg

• 2 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.