We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Eudemon

Saw this is coming for the Xbox 360 on Zavvi very shortly (February supposedly) and I am quite excited as ever since the first one and the ill-fated announcement about Rise of the White Wolf I have been itching to try this series as it's meant to be one of the best of it's genre.

Anyone else considering it? :hmmm:

It's a bit like this, you get a 'big' map for each chapter of the story, you can do some quests there and as the story progresses you're forced to move on. However, depending on your choice, your next 'big map' and quests might differ. And I'm not talking about small differences, as those are extreme. About 1/3 of the game. However, they all eventually lead to a conclusion, which is influenced by your previous choices. While I may be a bit biased in my opinion, as I am a Pole, the Witcher 2 is one of the best written RPGs in a long time. The gameplay mechanics required getting used to but it's a really good game. Get it for the PC, or if the console port gets good notes (this is CDPR's first console port mind you).

• 2 weeks later...

This is officially coming in April now. 17th April I have seen mentioned and a lot of info about the additional content and a video of the opening is available to view in the usual places.

The Witcher 2 on Xbox 360 includes new content, more coming post-launch | Joystiq

Note this in particular, this is why CD Projekt Red is actually somewhat 'Loved' by their fans.

"It's very hard to give players something for free on Xbox 360, so we had to come to a decision," said combat designer Maciej Szczesnik. "Do we want to give players the game earlier without the content or do we want to give them everything? We wanted the game to be richer and have all of the content from PC, and even more content."
They are delaying the game slightly in order to put the content on the disc for free rather than releasing early and charging for it.

• 2 months later...

This is truly an amazing game, I'm having so much fun with it and I like the way it forces you to make quick choices at times as I always wondered why games like Mass Effect and Deus Ex would let you sit there at the conversation options for ages without any repercussions but only having about 4 or 5 seconds to pick the option makes you really think fast.

The combat at the start was a bit annoying but now that I am enhancing the weapons and being able to Level up and such the game is getting even better. And the choices you have to make really do become twists and such. You think you're helping them but then they try and kill you for it because you're alive just isn't fair, but then you can always catch up to them and have them arrested or even better, take them down yourself. :evil:

I read that there's supposedly 16 endings! So this is going to be one to play through a few times for sure. :D

Definitely worth checking out and the world and environment is glorious, one of the if not the best game graphically for the 360 and watching day turn to night and the guardsman walking around lighting all the night fires and such to light up the areas is just one nice touch you find in this game. The voice acting is to my surprise also full of a number of Scots and the patter they use is very authentic so much so I cringe at some of it just as I do in real life. :p