We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

FM4 Photomode Tips & Critique Thread

Loz

Lets set up a Tips and Critique thread.

Here, you can post tips to help get a better photo, aswell as ask for critique on photo's.

I'll set it off with a few tips...

1: Composition. Even though a centered subject is probally best, don't be scared to move around and experiment with odd positioning.

2: Colour & Contrast. Adjusting the Colour and Contrast sliders can work wonders for an image. Add more Contrast give the blacks a bigger punch, while adjusting the colour can give the effect of a dim cloudy day.

3: Sepia Tone. I personally add a few notches of Sepia into my images, no more tha 10 on the slider. I feel it gives an image a bit more warmth to an otherwise "clinical" image.

That's all mine for now.

Maybe this could be stickied for quick reference?

GAHH, honestly, I wrote a really long detailed post going into each aspect of the "camera" and also into composition, but when I tried to post it there were server issues or something, it said to try again in a minute- tried again a few times to no avail, so i went to bed. Woke up about 2 minutes ago, tried again, it had been lost to the void that is the internet... I stayed up at least half an hour longer than I should have for that, and now I have to get ready for work. "LOUD NOISES" (Anchorman)