We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

gery5: Bugatti Veryon SS variatons

gery5

As many of you could realize, the Veyron Super Sport in the game looks terrible. Matt greyish carbon finish instead of the cool deep black carbon with shiny finish... what did Eden think?!

SS_variations_01_tmb.jpg

Ugly:cry:

So I made some improvements. First, here is the realistic version of SS.

SS_variations_02_tmb.jpg

Here we go... waaay much better, isn't it?

But wait... if this is possible, why would we stop here?

No, we won't, not now... :)

Here comes the "Night Black" version with pale metal black finish, chrome decorations, yellow calipers, and red engine cover:

SS_variations_05_tmb.jpg

SS_variations_06_tmb.jpg

SS_variations_07_tmb.jpg

What a nice chrome effect, isn't it? Why not to use it much more?

Our next variation is - oh yeah - "Dubai Edition":

SS_variations_03_tmb.jpg

SS_variations_04_tmb.jpg

Shiny-nicey :)

Okay-okay, this is a bit much... :D

Let's see a more elegant version:

The "Bleu Mer" with blue carbon body and chrome decorations, engine cover...

SS_variations_08_tmb.jpg

SS_variations_09_tmb.jpg

The chrome rim is also released as part of this post, download it below.

Download links:

Realistic looking SS "World Record" Edition - veyron_super_sport_realistic.zip

"Night Black" - veyron_super_sport_night_black.zip

"Dubai Edition" - veyron_super_sport_dubai_edition.zip

"Blue Mer" - veyron_super_sport_bleu_mer.zip

Don't forget to download the rim too:

SS rim in chrome - veyron_super_sport_chrome_rim.zip

Install notes:

All zip files contain the modified bnk file and the original as a backup too.

All you have to do is place the zip file in the game's main folder (where the "TestDrive2.exe" is), and extract it.

Known Bugs:

None

Additional notes:

Only the realistic version includes the "veyron_super_sport_med.bnk" file. This file is primarily used to visualize the other players' cars (even at very high settings), so you will never meet the original ugly version again.

The other variations don't contain any "_med.bnk", so if you install any of my unique versions, you will never meet another one coming on in the game. :)

Big Thank you goes for tomsolo for tips on early chrome versions. :)

Cheers,

"mysterion"

Thank you, thank you thank you.

Is there anyway to make the chrome, less chrome, it's super reflective of the sky? Also, you should do these wheels for the blue carbon version, I'd kill for an exact replica of that car if you could do it.

http://www.automotorblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Veyron-Super-Sport-Blue-Carbon-2.jpg

Thank you, thank you thank you.

Is there anyway to make the chrome, less chrome, it's super reflective of the sky? Also, you should do these wheels for the blue carbon version, I'd kill for an exact replica of that car if you could do it.

http://www.automotorblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Veyron-Super-Sport-Blue-Carbon-2.jpg

I'm already working on a "diamoncut" wheel, it's my favorite too. But it is far more complicated, than simply modifying some materials. You will hear about me, when I will succeed... ;)

About the chrome shininess: unfortunately the cubemap reflection work in a completely different way compared to the mirrors. Reflection use a realtime rendered cubemap of the actual environment, and for some reason, in this cubemap the sky shows much brighter than in the scene. As you can see: while the reflection shows the landscapes and the road a bit darker, the sky is almost white. I can't help this unfortunately (yet, but don't give up) :)

Anyway, it's beautiful at night in cities.... ;)

I'm already working on a "diamoncut" wheel, it's my favorite too. But it is far more complicated, than simply modifying some materials. You will hear about me, when I will succeed... ;)

About the chrome shininess: unfortunately the cubemap reflection work in a completely different way compared to the mirrors. Reflection use a realtime rendered cubemap of the actual environment, and for some reason, in this cubemap the sky shows much brighter than in the scene. As you can see: while the reflection shows the landscapes and the road a bit darker, the sky is almost white. I can't help this unfortunately (yet, but don't give up) :)

Anyway, it's beautiful at night in cities.... ;)

That would be fantastic. I've spent quite a bit of time around the real blue carbon super sport and have really come to love it, would kill to drive around in TDU with it.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but is it possible for you to make a few small changes to the "Night Black" Version?

Black Brake Calipers (Instead Of Yellow)

Black Engine Cover (Instead Of Red)

Black Exterior Trims (Instead Of Chrome)

White Roof Vents (Instead Of Black)

I'd greatly appreciate that!

• 1 month later...