We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Idea?

TheStorm

I'm having a boring start at work today so I'm thinking about modding and TDU2... I'm just thinking out loud here see what you think.

It seems to me that the biggest problem with adding cars to TDU2 is that you have to replace an existing car... (I know that there are a couple of unused slots available.) Would it be possible to choose between several different folders containing cars? For instance replace every car on the game with an A7 car, then have a different car folder where every car is replaced with an A6 car, and so on.. Then possibly a little program to choose which folder to start up from or a just root file renaming to choose? TDU2 is good in that it starts up very quickly when you wanted to change class of cars it's no big hassle to exit and select a different file. There would be no limit (apart from disc space) to how many different files there could be.

I'm sitting here drawing up lists of cars and groups and how to organise which cars into which groups. I'm currently thinking road cars A1 - A7 by power to weight ratio, 4x4's, Rally cars, Historic cars, Race cars - GT, Formula etc. (There could be as many groups as we can make cars to fit in them.)

I know that this would have to be a big project and a lot more add on cars would need to be made first, plus I suspect that this wouldn't work for online play but I'm not fussed about that anyway as I have no internet at home.

Wouldn't it be just as easy to have a desktop shortcut to where all the car folders you created are and then just manually rename the one you want to use to match what the game expects?

The same principal would apply to TDU1, however I've just copied the whole game folder a few times where each copy has its own environment mod and various different car mods, since I have the HDD space for it.

TDU%2520Icons.png.jpg

Wouldn't it be just as easy to have a desktop shortcut to where all the car folders you created are and then just manually rename the one you want to use to match what the game expects?

Thats' what I meant with root file renaming, sorry if that wasn't very clear. A small program just makes it a little more user friendly to the less experienced players.

But that tells you concerned for offline correct? For Online does not work ....

Even cool idea, just that you should either create a script or change the game to understand the game folder that contains files A7 A7 cars and so on .....

Very interesting idea, kind of complicated to do in my opinion bad very nice ....

The same principal would apply to TDU1, however I've just copied the whole game folder a few times where each copy has its own environment mod and various different car mods, since I have the HDD space for it.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-ccMHEoi_MZo/S819U0Sfi0I/AAAAAAAAITE/49IzsfrRGNM/s800/TDU%2520Icons.png.jpg

I liked your idea man, I'm thinking of doing it with mine: P

For even could be done by Steam Update quietly, when he came out there already any update would transfer to another TDU2 modified .....

Very cool! I'll try here :D

I have this scheme in my first bad TDU had not even thought about doing this in TDU 2.....

Might seem like a bit of a noob question but is car modding up to the stage where we can change the class a car goes into and give it real the specs?

whole project seems a little pointless if the cars are just a replacement body for already existing cars and can never be anything more.

Might seem like a bit of a noob question but is car modding up to the stage where we can change the class a car goes into and give it real the specs?

whole project seems a little pointless if the cars are just a replacement body for already existing cars and can never be anything more.

I think if you change the performace you will have an advantage over other players, just being totally dishonest with other players ....

mod is nothing more than a change in visual or sound of the car .....

Correct me if I'm wrong xD

Right, In the hope that one day full modding is possible for offline at least, I've made a list of all the power to weight ratios for the A1 - A7 cars to try and see how the classes work, going by power to weight alone the classes overlap a little and there are a few oddities that stick out from the crowd. Any ideas how the classes are actually set in game?

As a rough average I've taken the classes to be based on power to weight as:

A7: Up to 170 Bhp/Tonne

A6: 170 - 210 Bhp/Tonne

A5: 210 - 240 Bhp/Tonne

A4: 240 - 285 Bhp/Tonne

A3: 285 - 325 Bhp/Tonne

A2: 325 - 415 Bhp/Tonne

A1: Over 415 Bhp/Tonne

There are 12 of the original cars out of 60 classes A1 - A7 that fall outside of these figures, most only by a few Bhp/Tonne. The two that are really far out are the Nissan GTR which has 279 which means that it would fit in A4 instead of A2 and The Caterham has 449 which would put in in A1 instead of A3.

I can type up the Bhp/Tonne of all the cars so you can analyse the results and feedback, ideas if you want. But give me a couple of days to do it.

I'll start doing the same for the B and C classes. I'll also start making a list of power to weigh ratios of other potential cars from the real world that may get made to download so that we can work out which class they would fall into.