We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Car Spotting: What You Saw Recently! - Part 2

The Queen

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging by the headlight cut outs it's not a sileighty sadly, Mike would have done well to find one of them in this country :cheeky: Cheeky little sx either way.

Only put off is the bonnet, but the bumper & lights (lack of) is what made me think it could be getting made into a Slighty. Rare to find in the UK...but there's 2 up in my area alone. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Casually out for a drive along some of the roads on the northern Aberdeenshire/Moray coast and came across...

12571480053_ac6809ce08_c.jpg

4 Avenger Tigers & aSunbeam Rapier Fastback by CarbonCoffee, on Flickr

4 Hillman Avenger Tigers...

Not bad for a car that was rare in it's day and less than 50 remain in the world! Oh, and there all the rear deal, not replicas! :D The white car was a Sunbeam Rapier Fastback. Again, a rare car!

Also an original Mini and a mini Moke casually sitting there as well.

Found in a small village, I did an emergency stop while driving past to make sure I was't seeing things! And was fangirling a bit as well. :lol:

Anyway, small photo dump of them here:

12571472283_d9b2f1752b.jpg

Avenger Tiger & Mini. by CarbonCoffee, on Flickr

12571360745_77f36a9a51.jpg

Group photo... by CarbonCoffee, on Flickr

12571471913_9ab26878b2.jpg

Mini Moke & Tiger by CarbonCoffee, on Flickr

12571482763_6bd4c5e06b.jpg

Tigers rears and the Rapier Fastback front. by CarbonCoffee, on Flickr

Excuse the photo quality, sunny day, windows and camera phone.

Sun came out today for the first time all day for ages, decided to take the evo out and came across 2 997 turbos, one a cabrio, a gallaro superleggera (or it had a stick-on wing) a ferrai 360, 430 and a 458, all in my local sea-side town in the south east of the UK :lol:

Funny what a bit of sunshine does in a country like this. No pics of cars sorry, too busy driving an evo.

Funny what a bit of sunshine does in a country like this.

Thats the effect of living in the UK, if the suns out then expect to see a good car or two. :lol:

-

While i was out skiing the other day, i spotted this in the carpark...

[ATTACH]19810[/ATTACH]

An MG6! :D

Funny, as wear my team MG BTCC jacket for skiing. Must have attracted them to me!

*Why am I posting a 'average looking car'? Well MG sold less cars in the UK last year than Ferrari, and has done ever since is started selling back in the UK in 2011. So tell me what rare to see now? ;)

• 2 weeks later...
*Why am I posting a 'average looking car'? Well MG sold less cars in the UK last year than Ferrari, and has done ever since is started selling back in the UK in 2011. So tell me what rare to see now? ;)

I'm not too bothered about how rare it is, if it's crap. The pontiac aztek is rare over here (if there even is any) but i don't give a crap about seeing one.

An MG6! :D

I'm not too bothered about how rare it is, if it's crap. The pontiac aztek is rare over here (if there even is any) but i don't give a crap about seeing one.

x2. I remembered they mentioned this car on Top Gear in the news section. It's just a rebadged Chinese car. Now if it's actually a good car and is worthy of the MG badge, then it's different. It doesn't look like anything special though.

x2. I remembered they mentioned this car on Top Gear in the news section. It's just a rebadged Chinese car. Now if it's actually a good car and is worthy of the MG badge, then it's different. It doesn't look like anything special though.

x3.

Speaking of rare ordinary cars, I saw a Suzuki Kizashi this week. Had a nice ass.

Seeing all the hate for post MG/R MG, it's got patched History but actually a rather nice car, both the 3 & the 6. But Rather than start a "Calster Vs. others because he thinks X car is good and others think car Y is good"...I'll post this insted. ;)

s0Y36YK.jpg

Nothing fancy, just a 700Bhp Lamborghini V12 from the Aventador.

Why poor quality? Because phone camera and slight hangover, expect some better pictures of this and more later when I A) Dump a few photos here that my friend took on his camera, or B) make a new thread for to avoid the photo dump.

This was't taken by me, but my friend who was with me today. So give him a like over on his Facebook page, as he's with me for 90% of the car stiff I go to! :D

1511215_502231413216150_167209723_n.jpg

Thats me & the other guy I do the Blown Turbos facebook page with, looking like a bunch of grinning idiots.

So again, cheers to my mate who's took the photo. And all he ask's in return is some shameless advertising from me, so like his page! :lol:

*Image is linked from FaceBook, so reduced quality sadly.