We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Car Spotting: What You Saw Recently! - Part 2

The Queen

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MrLolololXD
Yeah they're great. You MUST experience one someday. Whereabouts is your work and what do you do there, by the way?

Xtreme Industries Dandenong, VIC

This should tell you everything you ask. Why? Got a Maserati to bring down? :D

I'm doing a panel beating apprenticeship, but once I finish that I'll be looking at spray painting next. Not another full apprenticeship, but some painting lessons not long after. I want to be able to both make/fabricate/repair panels and car bodies and know how to paint, so I'll be an all-rounder one day. After that, well, I've already re-built 2 car engines in my life, so maybe I'll go and learn some more about building performance engines

This wasn't a chance encounter or anything, but I thought you all might enjoy it. Met up with a friend of mine to go to a local Ferrari meetup for some lunch. We took his 1958 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa!!!! :D

It's an original car, one of 20 and is just spectacular. One sold at Monterey last year for over $16,000,000.

During lunch we noticed some clouds rolling in and within a few minutes it was pouring. We hoped in the car and started it up and it stalled, and then it did it again and we finally got it onto the road and it stalled again. Some moron not paying attention almost hit us in his minivan. Forgot the fuel pump *facepalm* So we get it started and start heading back to the garage in pouring down rain, with no roof and my head is about a foot over the windshield. The ride will certainly be one I don't forget. Once we got it back inside we wiped it down and got all the water off it and all was well, no issues at all. It was a racecar so I'm sure it's seen worse than some rain. It just goes to show how silly some people are about not driving their exotics in the rain, if this can be driven in a downpour I think your 308 will survive a few sprinkles.

The silver car is a very rare Ferrari 365 GTS, another one of 20. Not to be confused with the 330 GTS the 365 GTS is worth north of $1m.

The white car is a 1953 375 MM, worth around $4-8m, possibly up to $10m. One with a spotty history and possibly not a complete car did not sell at a high bid of $3.755m at Monaco earlier in the week, this one is all original with racing history. It's probably the best example of a 375 MM out there.

7122417407_915a497c7e_b.jpg

Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa by Chris Schlumpf Photography, on Flickr

7122416713_80d4e525cb_b.jpg

7122416275_cd15d01a76_b.jpg

6976354990_c594e5c6c5_b.jpg

Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa, 375 MM and 250 Lusso by Chris Schlumpf Photography, on Flickr

Wow what an experience and what a friend you have! :D Fantastic photos all round and some truly rare classics that unbelievably are actually being driven which is brilliant to see.

I'd love to see many of these pics on the Carp, truly jaw-dropping gold. :drool:

Guest MrLolololXD
~FERRARI PICS!~

It's really good to see those cars being driven, in all kinds of weather. The thoughts of people who own these kinds of cars only to have them garaged away and go to waste makes me really sad. These kinds of cars don't come around very often and there are only a handful of people in the world who get to actually experience them, so the owners should learn to have fun in them. Take them to track days, drive them to a car meet, go on club runs, thats what these cars should be doing. Even if they keep them locked away in garges, they will slowly deteriorate, so why not have fun with them?

damn you have an awesome friend Chris, are you on L4P by any chance, I could swear I have seen your photos on there

and that R8 GT and 8C spider are awesome, you guys are all really lucky

Nope, I have quite a lot of disdain for that site and won't venture there out of principle.

If you do find my shots on there please let me know because I certainly didn't put them there.

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

It's really good to see those cars being driven, in all kinds of weather. The thoughts of people who own these kinds of cars only to have them garaged away and go to waste makes me really sad. These kinds of cars don't come around very often and there are only a handful of people in the world who get to actually experience them, so the owners should learn to have fun in them. Take them to track days, drive them to a car meet, go on club runs, thats what these cars should be doing. Even if they keep them locked away in garges, they will slowly deteriorate, so why not have fun with them?

Amen! My friend's brother-in-law who had the car in Germany used to track the TR at the vintage Ferrari events they hold in Europe, though he is an amateur racecar driver. The TR has too much power to weight to ever get me into one on the track and I think it's the same for my friend. That said he is thinking about selling the 375 and buying a 275 GTB/4 for track use, that'd be one helluva track car.

Guest MrLolololXD
That said he is thinking about selling the 375 and buying a 275 GTB/4 for track use, that'd be one helluva track car.

It sure would be :D I've never really liked the front end of the 275 GTB's though. The front looks like a combination of a 246 Dino, 250 GT and an E-Type Jag. All those 3 cars look great on their own though.

Tell him if he has that much money to spend on a track car, to get a 365 GTB/4 Daytona. One of the later model ones though, with the pop-up headlights. :)