We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Car Spotting: What You Saw Recently! - Part 2

The Queen

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

someone who could buy a Maserati Ghibli, but buys a BMW, Mercedes or Audi instead.

Actually, it's just what you can expect from "common" people: They do what most people do, they don't car for charisma.

A BMW, a Mercedes or an Audi is the perfect car for somebody without an own taste...

Regards

X8X8X

So a small snippet of some of the cars that was at the event...

10710928_609758782463412_4830945939959775849_n.jpg?oh=8e50ce8ccc0651cc8f58a2a9c04ca358&oe=54F04402&__gda__=1425271858_f0e94d87f65658daf2c0ae5fdac9eee7

That was't all, as more turned up later. But what all do you see :cool:

Also, self advertising here but I'll be posting more up on the Blown Turbos page rather than drip feed it all here! But if you see something in the pic above I'll see if I took a pic of it and post it here. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Came across a graveyard for Vauxhall/Holden V8s..

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x104/GTAMADDOG/photo1_zpsb9d88515.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x104/GTAMADDOG/photo2_zps807e46f4.jpg

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x104/GTAMADDOG/photo3_zpsd851df84.jpg

Mainly bought and butchered for their engines. Most of them still had quite tidy (looked low mileage) interiors on them, there are about 10 more not in the pictures in varying states.

At a guess I think they are sold on/used to help off-road racer/buggy projects instead of using the usual Land Rover V8 offerings.

A quick conversation revealed just the one guy had bought all of the cars and could sell the engines on for a pretty penny before thinking about selling the rest of the vehicle. The same guy also has a super-charged 2005 Mustang and 1996 Camaro SS sat around doing nothing, the Mustang is safe and is up for sale as it is one of a limited run, but I think the Camaro is destined for the same fate as the Vauxhalls.

Some pics from Monte Carlo/Monaco, bear in mind I was with people so couldn't take much time to see if the photos were any good:

o3qMMBH.jpg

DjYqKGL.jpg

oNozvi9.jpg

On the famous hairpin on the F1 track:

b6SCSq7.jpg

p9rde3C.jpg

kSMScap.jpg

YlYkcVi.jpg

Engine bay of the F430 Scuderia:

GL79pWp.jpg

fHR6rb2.jpg

vVF9fbX.jpg

e9LuMv4.jpg

jGFYPCf.jpg

nRwbo2x.jpg

xBbvZ8x.jpg

The Hummer was owned by the pancake man who runs the hut next to it, which is hilarious, literally everyone in that place has money it seems:

zv3cD67.jpg

This was a garage in Cannes, It had 8 Rolls royces, some fezza's and this Merc SLS black series.

b075eYy.jpg