We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Car Spotting: What You Saw Recently! - Part 2

The Queen

I wouldn't get a normal Cayman in yellow, but wow, that GT4 does actually look incredible in it. It's an expensive collectors item and the wing kinda signifies it's something special, and it contrasts nice with the dark wheels and splitter.

It might be a bit attention grabby but I think if i were ordering a GT4 i'd get it in that colour. :hmmm:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Scott might be more accurate by saying it is weather related, the weather here really has been crazy for the past month and the 4C is renown for being very hands on so maybe it is that.

Wonder if he'll replace it with another, even though he is a tool I do love the sound of it going by every now and then.

Was at the '16 DTM. Ofcourse the spectator stand tickets come with paddock access, and considering we got there at like 14:00 and the race started at 18:00 we had a bit of time to walk around, with seagulls ensuring we weave just as much as the cars do on the pre-race lap. :nods: Race itself was nice. No big crashes where we were sitting (stand T3, exactly in the middle), but a LOT of exhaust pops and bangs. Here, the brands managed to reflect themselves well. The Audi's had less hearable pops and bangs than the Mercs and BMW's, the BMW's were slightly sharper in engine-sound, and the AMG's were just vulgar cannons going off when they approached a turn.

Ofcourse, being Zandvoort, the organization had to commit in 16.786-fold that the event would be green. Because the first thing you do when you want to move and live somewhere else, is to find a location that has a fun thing, and then complain just as long until it gets banned/destroyed/abandoned. Perhaps no such luck now though, with the whole track park now being owned by a (racing) member of the royal family.

So to commit to the green thing, have an old BMW and an A45.

71e9bd197134461beadd9182d787f804.jpg

2a3f59bc9f927a81b16ac76d2cd9d76e.jpg

Audi went for a different approach and took along something orange.

8641dbe1983fb9e27ec3c1605d31c512.jpg

Jubilation all over as the sweeper took victory after nothing short but domination during the race. The crowd, obviously, went totally wild.

91dc3ba1ba5766640793de12d8994d93.jpg

b417f8740d7bba7e8b2b10ab7a94155d.jpg

That means that the Audi "Schieb-ihn-raus" RS5 didn't win. Perhaps they should abort testing with splicing cars during pitstops for better investigation. Oh yes, and Merc got nostalgic, again, and went totally silver arrow with their F1 car in disguise.

1a74c864ec31739053f2c0ee396a560b.jpg

7d2d24de1f3aecd0c997c8f7f7a161ac.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just few recent spots. Sorry for quality but I had to compress photos

[ATTACH]26960[/ATTACH][ATTACH]26961[/ATTACH][ATTACH]26962[/ATTACH][ATTACH]26963[/ATTACH][ATTACH]26964[/ATTACH][ATTACH]26965[/ATTACH][ATTACH]26966[/ATTACH][ATTACH]26967[/ATTACH][ATTACH]26968[/ATTACH][ATTACH]26969[/ATTACH][ATTACH]26970[/ATTACH][ATTACH]26971[/ATTACH][ATTACH]26972[/ATTACH][ATTACH]26973[/ATTACH]

• 1 month later...

So on my first ever drive (excluding the test drive) of the new car I spotted some weird roadster drive past, very bizarre looking and my Mum was like 'wth is that!' and for once I didn't actually have an answer :p I was too busy concentrating on not crashing the car/getting used to the controls, so I didn't get a picture but after an internet search I've found that I'd seen this:

Jensen%2B7.jpg%3Fformat%3D1000w

2001 Jenson S-V8 :lol: One of 32 made I think. Has a V8 producing 325bhp.

Pretty rare spot i'd say, one that Calster will probably appreciate more than most of you, shame i didn't get a pic of my own.

• 2 weeks later...