We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Interesting, before Ibiza there was Dubai!

Eudemon

Source: Thibaut Trampont Designer

During the preproduction of the game, I was in charge of the entire Level Design of a second island : Dubaï. The project was designed to take the high level player from Hawaii to Dubaï.

With that in mind, we made a huge research on every element of the Dubaï environment :

• Roads and marking

• Buildings and monuments
  • Vegetation and districts

• Topography and landscape

• Street elements

Read more at the website of the employee who was tasked with doing this.

Makes me wonder, even though Dubai was canned, they probably still have the info and data for future use? :hmmm:

i had build the entire network, and specificaly the Jabel Hafeet road, wich has a world renown among drivers.

It is a great road, but its not anywhere near Dubai!

Although his basic Dubai layout looks good though and the barriers could easily have been achieved by moutains and unpassable dunes... would have been pretty accurate too.

But I think driving on the mainly straight roads would have got boring real quick.

:)

Besides that one twisty road that I've seen on Fifth Gear (wasn't it someone's mansion driveway?) it looks even more boring than Ibiza

Just a road to nowhere in the 'Empty Quarter'. Need to have 'friends' if you want to drive on it. but it get covered with sand all the time.

if done to scale the emirate of Dubai could be bigger than Ibiza... but the roads are mostly straight.