We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Mass Effect 3

Paladin Skylark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally got it. Finished it in only a very days... my word its short.

I did every possible mission/side quest/DLC extra and still only had about 50 hours of game time.

I felt the control system and taken a step back compared to ME2, especially when using cover. Quite often Shephard would not go where I wanted or the cover completely blocked aiming despite leaning out of it.

Using Kinect to control squad mates, powers and dialogue is a cool feature but its not instant and I found myself shouting at it a few times when trying to throw grenades. 'Grenade', 'GRENADE'... *presses button and throws grenade. When it worked it was great. But I did stop using it as the game went on.

I am happy how it all ended, ( I chose the option so Shepard survived as I had over 7K GR rating) but

the final scenes when you return to the citadel were so frustrating and should have allowed more actual playing... rather than just watching some dialogue and choosing some responses.

Think I'll dabble in ME2 again to get a higher character level when I start. Even though I finished ages ago my only save was not quite finished. The last mission there was much better and the choices you made actually had some effect on the ending.

So I understand why many were disappointed, but overall it was good. I was only disappointed that there was no requirement to hunt for resources and intel. Well no where near as much as previously.

Can't wait to see what DLC they bring out.

I finished this a couple of weeks ago and to be honest I can't see why people are kicking up so much of a fuss about the ending. Fair enough they could've shown you what happened to more than just a few of the main characters but overall I think it was a good ending.

Here's for Mass Effect 4! Oh, wait.. :(

Half Life? Yeah but they haven't released 3 yet :p

Regarding the other H... if there's money to be made they'll make another one. It is M after all... oh wait that word isn't banned. *Microsoft

Still think there's scope within Mass Effect for another game... maybe more of a spin off though.

Or a prequel. Thats never been done before ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...