We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Wanted: Testers for the improved handling configs included in the Community Patch!

Viltsua

Hello everyone,

As you may have spotted from the Community Patch thread, I am working on the patch with Speeder.

Now, I need your help. I am currently modifying the Physics.cpr file and I need some testers. I need opinions, information and results.

Things I have fixed/improved with the Physics.cpr file:

• Fixed the locking brakes
  • Reduced the braking power (so it's not like you "hit a wall" when braking)
  • Found the possibility to remove the ABS completely (if someone wants to experience the older cars properly etc.)
  • Improved the handbrake
  • Messed with the traction control parameters (it's possible to make the handling more realistic and reduce the amount of sudden spins etc.)
  • Messed with the gravity values to decrease the "moon gravity" effect
  • Removed/reduced some "Steering help" parameters

It can also be possible to mess with the force feedback values in another file but I haven't looked at that yet.

Preparing for the testing is easy, the version of your game doesn't matter, this works perfectly online & offline and there is no need to unpack your game. Custom launcher must be used, because otherwise it would replace the modified file with the original. The file you must replace (Physics.cpr) is located in the root of your TDU2 directory.

If someone wants to test some of these changes and help me improve them and make some new ones, raise your hand! ;)

The version doesn't matter, this works perfectly online & offline and there is no need to unpack your game. Custom launcher must be used, because otherwise it would replace the modified file with the original. You can find the Physics.cpr file in the root of your TDU2 directory.

Hope this answers all the questions! :)

I think these physics parameters in .cpr file works only in a tight interval, because this is just a little part for handling/physics.

Some (hidden) options it's possible enabling or disabling, if use a patched the exe, but don't expect too much. (Eg. fully off ABS or traction control - but this is just nulled value, not to a fully function)

I made some crazy tests - swap differential values, driving type control functions (rear/front), or pacejka files, but there was not much difference (max. rather strange :P).

Another thing: if we made a better, realistic handling or physics, i think this will be slower as currently model (eg. distance of brakes).

#Edit: I read back and sounded negative, but this was not the goal. :)

I think these physics parameters in .cpr file works only in a tight interval, because this is just a little part for handling/physics.

Some (hidden) options it's possible enabling or disabling, if use a patched the exe, but don't expect too much. (Eg. fully off ABS or traction control - but this is just nulled value, not to a fully function)

I made some crazy tests - swap differential values, driving type control functions (rear/front), or pacejka files, but there was not much difference (max. rather strange :P).

Another thing: if we made a better, realistic handling or physics, i think this will be slower as currently model (eg. distance of brakes).

#Edit: I read back and sounded negative, but this was not the goal. :)

Yeah, they only work in a tight interval. :( And yes, the realistic model might be slower or at least the brakes will be worse, because then they will be more realistic.

It's also possible to similarly disable TC and ABS in the Physics.cpr file just by putting the "activation" value to something like "900" so the car will never reach that speed and they will never activate, I have tested this.

I am currently trying some values with gravity and I also reduced the annoying "steering angle limiter" which limits the angle of your turning the faster you go.

Would be nice if you could contact me about the options that are possible with .exe patching, so that I could try some of those. :)