We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Me + Digital River + Atari = Bringing in the BBB.....

bhumm25

Well, I'm fed up with the pathetic BS that Atari and Digital River want to provide me. I install the game, and I receive a message saying I activated the key too many times [i bought the download version]. I was like "No big deal, this has happened before. I'll call, and either get a new key, reset this one, or a manual code". I call, and this is what I get: "Mr. Hummel, I'm afraid that we will be unable to activate the game, and fix your error, as our activation server is currently offline" [i called around 11PM EST]. I said "OK.", and hung up. In the morning, I emailed "[email protected]", as I found in the activation window, and on a thread here, and I clearly put in the subject line my order number, and that I needed manual activation. I explain that I needed to reinstall, and provide the manual activation code, and my billing info. I receive a reply saying: We are unable to help you. Visit http://www.atari.com/us/support for more info. Now, click that link. I get a message saying that page doesn't exist. Do you? So, I email them and say "Your link is dead. Please fix it.", They tell me they can only help with download issues, when the activation window clearly told me to contact Digital River, and their logo is branded in the activator. Then then tell me to contact MICROSOFT. What the fudge! How in the world do they get the idea to have me contact MICROSOFT!?!? Microsoft is nowhere related to TDU! Atari made the game, Digital River sold it to me, and Digital River activates it!!!!!! WTF! :mad:

They then said I should redownload my game. I replied saying "I have downloaded it. In fact, I can download it just fine. If you'd look at the subject line, I'm having an ACTIVATION issue. Your server said I activated the game too many times. All you should need to do, is either give me a new key, reset the current one, or give me an unlock code." They tell me AGAIN to go to that http://www.atari.com/us/support which is a link for a page that DOES NOT EXIST, for Tech Support. I reply "How many times do I need to tell you that your link is invalid???" :mad:

I then get some c***amamie BS saying "We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, due to the age of order number 1482*****, it is outside our influence as a third party processing service to pursue support on your behalf.

We advise you to contact the vendor directly or place a new order."

They then give me that bad link AGAIN, and tell me to submit a support ticket to Atari.

Atari's response? Contact Digital River. :mad::mad:

I'm fed up with the BS. My response? File a complaint with the BBB of Minnesota and North Dakota (Digital River's HQ is in Minnesota) against Digital River. If it still isn't resolved, I'll have to file another one against Atari, Inc. With the BBB of Metropolitan New York. (Where Atari's HQ is)

I want DR to give me a new key, and a DVD copy, as the DVD copy doesn't have this BS activation limit. They shouldn't have a problem sending me a DVD copy. I paid my $$$ for the game.

Complaint: -- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

I'm surprised you were actually able to download a game from DR. I remember a while ago I tried downloading the Megapack for TDU1. I paid the $15 or whatever it was, and I never got a download link in my email. I filed a complaint but it never was resolved, so I ended up buying it from Metaboli.

It'll download, but slowly. Did you file your complaint with the BBB, too? I backed up my Megapack, along with the TDU Installer to an SD Card, so I just run the installer from the SD Card, to installl it to my PC. If DR won't do anything, I'll file one on Atari. If all else fails, I heard that since they refuse to provide support, and activate a legal license I bought, I'd technically be able to (I believe he said this) file a Class-Action lawsuit.