We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

New HQ wood textures V2.0

This mod change the original wood textures to new hq wood textures. These are common textures, so if you change one, its will change in every car what use e.g. the wood.2db file.

Preview:

14221072vl.jpg

14221144ff.jpg

Bigger pic:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-RjGEIgBA8mA/UXaE6h7TpOI/AAAAAAAAAIk/0JgKL6KtItM/s1077/Wood+textures.jpg

Please create a backup of the original files! If you have any problem or question just write me a pm here! To install the wood textures, check the pictures in the rar.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

the .db files are empty (without the wood textures) ? or I cannot make the difference between the old textures and the new textures ?

I've tried to replace the carbon with wood (I want to replace the carbon from Audi S6 with black wood), but it doesn't work . . . should I replace something from the interior .bnk file of the car ? but what ?

Nope. In the mod folder you see 2db files and dds files in wood folders. The dds files the new textures, the 2db files the original textures. First you have to rename the dds file to "carbon" like this: C/user/desktop/New wood textures/wood4/grey/fa4b.dds (this just an example) -> carbon.dds Then you have to convert it to 2db format! I didn't include the original carbon.2db file so first just extract your carbon.2db file (modding tools, file browser, in common_car.bnk /left click on it 1x/ find the carbon.2db file then right click on it and "extract to"). Now convert the dds to 2db. Modding tools, DDS->2DB, Drag your new carbon.dds (so the renamed fa4b.dds, what you want to see in your car) and drop to the "Source DDS file". Then drag your original carbon.2db file (what you extracted from your common_car.bnk) and drop it to "keep original file header" field and press "go". After it, rename the new 2db file (carbon_new.2db to carbon.2db). In modding tools go to file browser again, find the common_car.bnk, left click on it, find the carbon.2db , right click, "replace, keep name..." and find your new carbon.2db file (this was the fa4b.dds what you renamed to carbon and converted to 2db). I showed everything in the "step..." pictures, just not with carbon.

thanks for informations, but TDUMT don't work (maybe the files of the game are corrupt, or something else) . . . there is anything to do, to make TDUMT work ?

Nope. In the mod folder you see 2db files and dds files in wood folders. The dds files the new textures, the 2db files the original textures. First you have to rename the dds file to "carbon" like this: C/user/desktop/New wood textures/wood4/grey/fa4b.dds (this just an example) -> carbon.dds Then you have to convert it to 2db format! I didn't include the original carbon.2db file so first just extract your carbon.2db file (modding tools, file browser, in common_car.bnk /left click on it 1x/ find the carbon.2db file then right click on it and "extract to"). Now convert the dds to 2db. Modding tools, DDS->2DB, Drag your new carbon.dds (so the renamed fa4b.dds, what you want to see in your car) and drop to the "Source DDS file". Then drag your original carbon.2db file (what you extracted from your common_car.bnk) and drop it to "keep original file header" field and press "go". After it, rename the new 2db file (carbon_new.2db to carbon.2db). In modding tools go to file browser again, find the common_car.bnk, left click on it, find the carbon.2db , right click, "replace, keep name..." and find your new carbon.2db file (this was the fa4b.dds what you renamed to carbon and converted to 2db). I showed everything in the "step..." pictures, just not with carbon.

yeeeah ! thanks, now it works ! the root folder was not set ! ! ! LoL . . . when I have firstly downloaded TDUMT (4-5 months ago), I didn't tried to change something in the settings :)) but :-? I don't remember even if I have firstly downloaded TDUPE or TDUMT, and it took me 1-2 days to find that I must set the root folder for TDUPE (but I totally forgot of TDUMT to try it also . . . anway, I didn't needed it too much on that time, but now I need it)[modding just gets like a drug :D]

Modding tools doesnt work? Did you set the root folder in modding tools? (file/settings/tdu root)

• 2 months later...