We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza Motorsport 4 PotW 14 Voting

Prophecy

Picture of the week?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Picture of the week?

• Pressurized
    • Flo
    • giP
    • Hassan1995
    • Metalshredder7
    • TimBud
    • Repyhrepus
    • Mb
    • Clarence
    • My name lol
    • _Pr0ph3cy_

The theme for this week was 'German sedans', chosen by Pyrre.

If you entered this week, you must vote for someone.

You may not vote for yourself.

Pressurized

Mercedes-Benz_E63_AMG_1_copy.jpg

Flo

6836937101_d1dd42696f_b.jpg

giP

_smaller.jpg?hash=52450

hassan1995

6837620597_7a1d0f1fab_z.jpg

Metalshredder7

6839045547_952e26e618_z_d.jpg

TimBud

6839120729_85b840e938_b.jpg

Repyhrepus

full

Mb

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy194/MartijnMb/Forza233.jpg

Clarence

6843196507_cf1b7babfb_b.jpg

My name lol

6844597015_f6bdbedf1f_z.jpg

_Pr0ph3cy_

6548933779_c9c76f660a_z.jpg

Voting will close at approx 11:59pm Sunday 12th February 2012 (AEST).

*cough

:whistle:

I spotted some majore photoshopping in here, the person in question should know this and should think twice before next week's entry, unfortunatly there are no rules about photoshopping collors and brigthness and stuff, but for real. I'm stunned when I went through the person in question his storefront.

:leaves:

With Flo on this one

I uh... yeah. The thing is its always been allowed.

Really? because I'm pretty sure in most weeks its not been allowed. I would quote but I'll be lazy and let everyone else scroll down and click the other threads. :rolleyes:

However it wasn't a rule in this weeks comp... unfortunately.

Not an issue really because I'll never vote for an externally edited shot anyway :)

Voted for Pressurized... good work dude! :thumbsup:

I'm pretty sure its been a generally understood rule since the start of forza potw, i know it was debated a bit in gt5's potw's but i'm pretty sure i stated in the first few that photoshop is allowed for adjusting brightness etc. I will make a rule against it from now on though, i'm not really happy about how its been used in this instance, its almost as if the images' author is teasing us.

edit: Also, how can you tell if its been edited tim? My shot (not to be up myself or boasting or anything, as I think I try to exude, i'm not the type to boast or tell people how good I am) is untouched, I dont think i've opened it in photoshop at all, and I think its pretty stunning. It may look photoshopped but it really isnt, forza is capable of images like that. You just need to understand the sliders and pick a good location (some places look a hell of a lot better than others, there are places I simply wont shoot at because the lighting is horrible/whatever)

I'm pretty sure its been a generally understood rule since the start of forza potw, i know it was debated a bit in gt5's potw's but i'm pretty sure i stated in the first few that photoshop is allowed for adjusting brightness etc. I will make a rule against it from now on though, i'm not really happy about how its been used in this instance, its almost as if the images' author is teasing us.

edit: Also, how can you tell if its been edited tim? My shot (not to be up myself or boasting or anything, as I think I try to exude, i'm not the type to boast or tell people how good I am) is untouched, I dont think i've opened it in photoshop at all, and I think its pretty stunning. It may look photoshopped but it really isnt, forza is capable of images like that. You just need to understand the sliders and pick a good location (some places look a hell of a lot better than others, there are places I simply wont shoot at because the lighting is horrible/whatever)

It is verry easy to see, not at first sight, I always thought the person had amazing photographic skils, but apearantly, photoshop>bad settings in forza.

or is it : bad settings>photoshop?

for once its not me, haha :cheeky:

I didn't check right back to the beginning, but in almost all PS was only allowed for watermark and cropping/resizing. Except wk8.

edit: Also, how can you tell if its been edited tim?

you can't prove either way, unless you view the storefront original.

But when the watermark is gone and it has a border... the clues are already there.

for once its not me, haha :cheeky:

I didn't check right back to the beginning, but in almost all PS was only allowed for watermark and cropping/resizing. Except wk8.

you can't prove either way, unless you view the storefront original.

But when the watermark is gone and it has a border... the clues are already there.

you just made it a bit obvious :leaves:

Everyone let's drop it. Tim is right, it's not posted as a rule for this week, so flo, there's nothing you should be complaining about. I'm going to PM the person in question and discuss it.

I stated that above, a black hole in the rules, but this has to be fixed before next week :)

Flo, calm down. Keep inquiries to PM's please, i'm trying to sort this out. This week is probably going to stay how it is, and the rules are going to be better laid out in the following weeks.

:eek: I am calm, I know there's nothing I could do for this week and I do want to see better rules next, that's all

Sorry about this whole thing, it was caused by my laziness. I didn't bother to resize it again without giving it the border/watermark/slight contrast boost so I just entered the version I posted to my photothread.

Oh well, next time I'll be sure not to enter if it causes such a crapstorm. Kthxbye.