We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza PotW 15 entry

Prophecy

Hey guys, sorry its up so late, been very busy so far this week.

Last weeks photoshop issue is regrettable and something i'd like us all to put behind us. Lets have fair entries, but also, lets accept the fact that photoshopping is allowed. The sorts of things I will not allow through use of photoshop is adding/removing elements of the photo (buildings, cars, trees, turns, etc etc etc) (do not get that confused with removing the watermark, you are allowed to remove the watermark).

Week 14 was won by giP, and his theme for this week is Blue. You are allowed to use autovista/homespace, as well as racetracks. He has allowed basic photoshop editing such as colour adjustments, contrast/brightness adjustments.

Entries will close on the 18th of February 2012, at approx 11:59pm Australian Eastern Standard time. Voting will commence shortly thereafter, and will be open for 24 hours. You must get your entry in before the cut off, as i've given you warning of this, I will not be leniant beyond a minute or 2 late.

Lets have a great competition :D

No I mean people have different opinions of what is blue, and green blue/aqua is one thats often debated. I consider it blue, while others may consider it green. Just as I consider grey blue to still be blue, where others may consider it to just be grey.

You know that colorblindness can be very, very weak, and only in one kind of color, right?

Why is everyone freaking out as if major adjustments/beyond everyone photoshopping were allowed? I mean, if we're all that concerned i'm happy to take a vote and if the vote says so, i'll overrule giP's allowance of photoshop, and tighten the rules on photoshop even further (like having to leave your entry up on your storefront, so I can compare the picture posted here and your original)...

Why is everyone freaking out as if major adjustments/beyond everyone photoshopping were allowed?

I wasn't freaking out. :)

I just believe a photography comp should be about photography skills ( I use that term loosely and do appreciate the irony ;) ) and not the post shot editing skills.

Plus as most folk here (myself included) haven't actually paid the £600+ for The software, so it opens all kinds of other issues... ie. 'you may not cheat, but you can use stolen software to increase your chances of winning'.

Just my opinion, and as always guys are welcome to try piss all over it, haha. ;) :p

Am not boycotting the comp in anyway... just not entering this week, thats all.

I agree with Tim again, I'm not done for good. But I find it hard to take part in a theme that allows Photoshop, no disrespect to anyone intended.. I'll see if I can manage some amazing shot that'll beat photoshop. But I don't think I'll enter.

EDIT: THIS IS ME BEING HYPOCRITICAL. I found a really good picture (I like it anyway) so I'm entering it.

6622497115_599503a586_z.jpg