We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Nissan takes on the V8 Supercars in 2012!

Guest MrLolololXD

Guest MrLolololXD

Okay, it's not exactly new news to our ears, but Nissan is redebuting into the V8 Supercars series this year!

What are your thoughts and opinions? Is this a good thing? Is this going to pave the way for Australian motorsport by letting more manufactuers in? Or is it leading the series away from its roots in Australia by going international?

Could it be the return of the ATCC series?

Discuss it all here!

You're missing a link.

I vagely recall the last time Nissan raced with their AWD/4WD Skyline which annoyed all the other drivers. Extra cars might make it interesting if it's done right. I'm sure the decision makers don't mind upsetting some fans if they make enough money out of it.

Guest MrLolololXD

Awesome, I hope Toyota will join too :hmmm: Ooooooh, and I hope Chev joins it too :D Should be fun indeed!

And as for it being in 2013, my sources told me 2012 lol ¬¬"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

The Altima was just unveiled. Looks pretty good, I reckon, can't wait to see it perform next year. :) Too bad Holden and Ford made the category restrictive and left the GT-Rs out of it...that isn't hard to believe because of the dominance the R32 GT-R reigned with 20 years ago.

nissan_altima_v8_supercar-3.jpg

And this is the engine, the VK56DE..looks menacing.

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

• 3 weeks later...

There's some here:

Official V8 Supercars - YouTube

Register @ FinalGear.com :: There's Fifth Gear, There's Top Gear, And Then There Is Final Gear on the forums and there's a guy who uploads them and shares links there along with loads of other cool automotive videos:

FinalGear.com Forums

---------- Post added at 16:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 16:11 PM ----------

Here's a good race to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bItT7FMuhDg

Bunch of International codrivers who haven't done a standing start in a while :p