We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Can somebody Help me Unpack TDU2

*GhostRacerGTI*

So, I went on and followed the link to the TDU2 wiki site, grabbed both the unpack script and the Universal Launcher.. I followed the instructions, extracting to main TDU2 folder etc.. Ran the unpack script, it started up fine, I let it finish (took around 10 min).. Then under BNK folder, I still only have "Video" folder, not all the other folders that I need :/ Also I have noticed my Free space amount on my hdd hasn't changed, it is still the same after the "unpacking" :(

Please, somebody, anybody help me! :(

It would be much appreciated :)

TDU2_Unpack_MULTI2_MULTI5_DLC1v023.rar[/url]

Extract to your tdu2 folder \Program Files (x86)\Atari\TDU2

Then just run unpack.cmd, don't open quickbms then the .bms

Not sure what else can be said.

These are the same steps on the wiki page buddy :) and that's what I already did (like 5 times).. But I got no luck :(

I'll try download it again and give it a go.. Will report back.. Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated!

---------- Post added at 16:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 16:14 PM ----------

No luck :/ It doesn't work :(

Alright, I got it fixed after a lot of research outside this forum.

Tip: You have to disable UAC in Win7!

It would be nice if this was added to that tutorial on the wiki site, it could save people from a lot of frustration! Thanks.

Nice to see, that you've got it! - Or not? Sounds like the game is still loading the packed ".big" files.

Regarding the wiki: Perhaps Speeder or myself will overwork the "tut".

However ... because of your statement, i've just copied my original files (v027) again and unpacked it with UAC "full" activated on win 7 64. = All files have been extracted and moved to the new created sub-folders. Replaced some files with mods and changed path in the settings of "uni-launcher". -- Everything was fine!

So i have no idea, where the problem was/is located.

Best regards,

Stefan

i think i might know what happened. Ghost Racer where is your game installed.. If the game is installed in C/program files/... Or anywhere else on your C drive..... Then THAT is why UAC is acting up. Almost anything that happens on your C drive ( the same drive as your OS ) will run up against UAC. its a simple fact that the OS tries to protect itself. THIS is standard knowledge since VISTA, If you can help it you should not install things to the same drive as your OS. i install everything to either my D drive or my E drive and i NEVER have problems with UAC or any other aspect if windows protecting itself. If you only have a C drive then expect your OS to try and protect itself when you put other things on it.. thats what UAC is for ;)

i think i might know what happened. Ghost Racer where is your game installed.. If the game is installed in C/program files/... Or anywhere else on your C drive..... Then THAT is why UAC is acting up. Almost anything that happens on your C drive ( the same drive as your OS ) will run up against UAC. its a simple fact that the OS tries to protect itself. THIS is standard knowledge since VISTA, If you can help it you should not install things to the same drive as your OS. i install everything to either my D drive or my E drive and i NEVER have problems with UAC or any other aspect if windows protecting itself. If you only have a C drive then expect your OS to try and protect itself when you put other things on it.. thats what UAC is for ;)

Thanks for that tip buddy :)

I've got 3 physical drives in my PC :) But I have another way of organizing my data, I used to install games on an external drive, but after formatting the OS drive many of my games wouldn't work, some would, but not all.. So I decided that all apps and games to be installed along with OS, my personal data on external drives , that way I won't lose valuables when formatting the OS drive, except if I didn't back up my Gamesaves which I do .. :) But thanks a lot buddy :)

---------- Post added at 21:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 21:18 PM ----------

Nice to see, that you've got it! - Or not? Sounds like the game is still loading the packed ".big" files.

Regarding the wiki: Perhaps Speeder or myself will overwork the "tut".

However ... because of your statement, i've just copied my original files (v027) again and unpacked it with UAC "full" activated on win 7 64. = All files have been extracted and moved to the new created sub-folders. Replaced some files with mods and changed path in the settings of "uni-launcher". -- Everything was fine!

So i have no idea, where the problem was/is located.

Best regards,

Stefan

Thanks a lot pal :) But maybe it's connected to what Nobby76 said ? For me at least it didn't work if UAC was enabled.. I think the important thing is that I got it working now, and the way I got it working is worth to mention in the wiki; after all, there might be others that would encounter the same issue as me, and would need to apply the same method as me :) Just saying :)

*Ghost

Thanks for that tip buddy :)

I've got 3 physical drives in my PC :) But I have another way of organizing my data, I used to install games on an external drive, but after formatting the OS drive many of my games wouldn't work, some would, but not all.. So I decided that all apps and games to be installed along with OS, my personal data on external drives , that way I won't lose valuables when formatting the OS drive, except if I didn't back up my Gamesaves which I do .. :) But thanks a lot buddy :)

*Ghost

From that..I take it you do not see why most of your games stopped working.. :confused:

Regardless what drive you install games or programs onto, weather it be the OS drive, a second internal ,or even a network drive. When you install ANY program on your pc it has to store SOME information about it in your OS. So even if you installed a game to E drive, it will still need to install some things, like the registry entries and it creates start menu items, install game fonts, updates direct X, adds uninstallers for the game and such within windows. Also usually things like serial numbers for apps or CD keys for games are stored within windows as well.

When you wiped your os drive you removed all that information, yes the main games data such as music and levels and game models and stuff were still secure coz, they were on a different drive, but the main info about how the game should load was wiped.. Thats why your games suddenly dont know how to work.. Installing games on the same drive as the OS or not makes no difference when your OS drive gets wiped, when that happens MOST things will refuse to work.

The reason you install games and apps to OTHER drives is so the majority of that programs files are not intruding on the system drive ( not just because of UAC either) the more you install onto your OS drive the slower your OS will become, as it has more data to try and climb through to get to the part it actually needs. The basic pc rule of thumb has always been Keep your OS drive as empty as possible. I currently have a 60gb OS drive.. i only use 15.6gb ( for windows and a few extra files like added fonts and my documents) and ive had the same pc setup for 2 years now. Admittedly i do have 3 other internal hard drives which total over 2 TB. so i keep everything on those and keep my C drive nice and clean. :)

From that..I take it you do not see why most of your games stopped working.. :confused:

Regardless what drive you install games or programs onto, weather it be the OS drive, a second internal ,or even a network drive. When you install ANY program on your pc it has to store SOME information about it in your OS. So even if you installed a game to E drive, it will still need to install some things, like the registry entries and it creates start menu items, install game fonts, updates direct X, adds uninstallers for the game and such within windows. Also usually things like serial numbers for apps or CD keys for games are stored within windows as well.

When you wiped your os drive you removed all that information, yes the main games data such as music and levels and game models and stuff were still secure coz, they were on a different drive, but the main info about how the game should load was wiped.. Thats why your games suddenly dont know how to work.. Installing games on the same drive as the OS or not makes no difference when your OS drive gets wiped, when that happens MOST things will refuse to work.

The reason you install games and apps to OTHER drives is so the majority of that programs files are not intruding on the system drive ( not just because of UAC either) the more you install onto your OS drive the slower your OS will become, as it has more data to try and climb through to get to the part it actually needs. The basic pc rule of thumb has always been Keep your OS drive as empty as possible. I currently have a 60gb OS drive.. i only use 15.6gb ( for windows and a few extra files like added fonts and my documents) and ive had the same pc setup for 2 years now. Admittedly i do have 3 other internal hard drives which total over 2 TB. so i keep everything on those and keep my C drive nice and clean. :)

What you just wrote, I already know, in terms of how stuff works.. But I am not sure you understood what I meant :] I mean, of course, you should try to keep your OS drive as "clean" as possible, that's correct. But when having games on the same drive as the OS, I do not need to manually delete it from the external drive that I installed the game on. I know, a bit lazy, but I guess I have to change that. Problem is I have so much data, that I have to prioritize what goes where, and since I can afford losing the games when I format my drive, I put them on the OS drive, cuz I can't afford to lose my personal data which then of course goes to external drives.. Anyways thanks for the tips, it's kind of you :)