We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Microsoft Flight now available

Ryzza5

TDU2 made it hard to fly around Hawaii, so let's see if MS Flight makes this any easier.

media?id=3935034&type=lg

This freemium game is designed to appeal to those who prefer arcade flying instead of a full-blown sim (although hopefully sim settings are still within).

Grab the software from here and share your thoughts, pics, videos, etc.

https://microsoftflight.com/en-US/home/

---------- Post added at 15:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 15:13 PM ----------

I knew that the Games for Windows Live Marketplace products were a bit of a ripoff, but I'm feeling a tad more uneasy when I see the prices for currently available DLC:

Microsoft Flight - Xbox.com

If I understand corectly, Hawaii (the location) came free with a few missions, but to get the rest of them, we have to pay $20? Then you can spend $21 for two more planes? That's $41, or about half the price I paid for the ENTIRE FSX game (which contains numerous planes, and the WHOLE WORLD).

Therefore I probably won't be purchasing any DLC until I get a better idea as to how much the entire game costs, by which time I hope there will be a heavily discounted bundle pack available.

FSX was a resource hog though. + I couldn't export my game settings (i.e. controls, mission completition/stats, etc) so it always took forever to set it up again, before being able to play at 15 FPS with mediocre graphics.

So I figure what the heck, I'll buy the Hawaii Adventure pack for $19.99

I click on Buy now, sign in with my Live ID, and the price magically changes to $29.95.

I'm sorry, what? It doesn't cost you anything to ship the game here since it's a DLC, and the Australian dollar is higher than the American one, so what on earth are they smoking?

If any of you know someone from Microsoft can you please throw eggs at them for me.

---------- Post added at 17:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 17:27 PM ----------

On a lighter note, the next DLC will be Alaska:

News : DLC Sneak Peek: Journey to Alaska!

I'm playing now if anyone wants to join (I found out that the DLC is $22 if purchased in game - 1600 MSP)

Say hi in LIVE (Ryzza5) and I'll invite you to my session where I'm looking for the final Aerocache on the Big Island

I'd like to see something like big commercial planes in this :lol:

It would cost 09721382131 M$ points though, I got all excited about this free game, until I realised that you have to pay a darn lot to get just an additional plane :fp:

but, should've known, it's Micro$oft where talking about :cheeky: