We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza Horizon: An Open World Forza!!

hassan1995

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging from the different locations shown in the video (North American desert, what looks like the London Eye, etc.) I doubt it's going to be free roam. I'd say it might be something along the lines of Project Gotham Racing, with closed circuits set in diverse environments and possibly more arcade-like physics than in the previous Forza titles.

Judging from the different locations shown in the video (North American desert, what looks like the London Eye, etc.) I doubt it's going to be free roam. I'd say it might be something along the lines of Project Gotham Racing, with closed circuits set in diverse environments and possibly more arcade-like physics than in the previous Forza titles.
Why use the Forza name when you have the PGR name which would describe exactly what you said. Not saying you are wrong but it would seem strange for Microsoft to have 2 of their namesakes doing the exact same thing.

Microsoft owns the PGR name, a number of Bizarre folk are at Playground Games including an artist or two. Now consider that PGR4 and even PGR3 still stand up to games today and you can see this is no bad thing. And yeah it's rumoured PGR5 may be for the next Xbox as if you think about it with main Xbox reveals PGR has been their right with it.

For you it's today. :mhmm:
At the time of the original post tomorrow was tomorrow for me, but as of now, tomorrow as of the time of that post is today. :phil:

Turn 10 was rumoured to be working on PGR5 a few months ago. I think we're going to see some kind of PGR style game, it makes sense.

I'm not sure why they've not called it PGR6, or something of the sort - I agree with Diabs.

Interesting that as it's not what I said. :hmmm:

Forza Horizon isn't PGR5 it's its own game, PGR5 will be PGR5 and will probably be released as a launch title for the Xbox 720 like PGR3 was a launch title for the Xbox 360. Forza Horizon is more likely to be the rumoured 'Forza World' that was being talked about early last year. :)

Windows 8 has something akin to XBOX Live dashboard where you can mess around with your account, avatar, arcade games, etc but not full blown XBOX games. Although you never know what will happen with their next console and PC compatibility. Microsoft stand to gain a big monopoly if they can convince most PC game devs to use LIVE.

I wasn't expecting the announcement to be big when I saw that trailer until I noticed the release date was still a number of months away. I'm not a big Xbox gamer as you know so not as excited as the rest of you just for now (esp after TDU2's dissapointment. I'll be all :excited: if and when it fills that void. ;)