We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

crashing game after unpack

carlo

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Carlo eden/atari has blocked playing online with the game unpacked. They have taken our freedom away from everyone who does enjoy car body & sound mods. We are now forced to play offline when anyone would use the game unpacked. This will make TDU 2 maybe last another year. People that did enjoy playing online with car body & sound mods will no longer have that freedom. Games are about having fun not about playing the game how some greedy gaming company would want us to. The only thing tdu 2 players have to look foward to is dlc that the greedy idiots at eden/atari will ask people to pay for.

Have you tried using the TestDrive2_EXE_v097_build6_original .exe? You can't run the game unpacked with the current updated .exe

Hehe you can still play online regardless of which exe you use. I use mostly the build 11 exe but occasionally swap it back to build 6 for certain things i do. And i can still go online no matter which one i use. As Xarlith said if its not working for you then its something you have done to your game, but the game itself is still perfectly fine.

Heres me going online using build 11 while running an unpacked game..

i can confirm my game is still working fine with the unpack the only thing that made it crash was a mod car if i took it to the paint shop and make my own color the game will crash with the mod car but if i buy the mod car from the dealer and change the paint before i buy then its fine the game works fine but i took the car out of the game so now i have no mods in my game the only car i want is a car i paid for the Mercedes 350 SL its the car of my dreams this is the only reason i have my game unpacked for that car if i send the model to Atari and they put it in the game then i will not unpack my game any more

if i send the model to Atari and they put it in the game then i will not unpack my game any more

It would be really nice if it was that easy, but we all know it isnt that simple. The model is the last thing they need to worry about they could get a model from anywhere ( if they didnt make it themselves ) the problem is the licensing on the cars, which is why lambo's were gonna be in the game but were later removed, they couldnt afford/ wasnt willing to pay for both the ferrari and lambo licenses. Any new cars they would wish to add they have to go and get permission to use, to get the permission you pay fat cash. sucks really but thats the way the world turns.

It's not that easy as licenses are sold on either an all-encompassing or singular basis, and I believe Mercedes is probably under a per-model system. So Atari would need to seek from Mercedes the license to not only allow the car to be used in the game but also probably get approval from MB for the model and it's sounds too. It's said that for each car in a game it costs about $25,000-30,000 due to licensing, modelling, coding, texturing and of course making it work with the game and it's physics.