We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Problems with a laptop...

superhyper

(Yeah, I'm a tech noob.) My mom has a laptop that she got with a discounted price as it was broken. From what I've heard, it suddenly just restarts itself after a random amount of time. Otherwise it works perfectly. I don't know anything more yet but I'm using it now to see the problem myself and I'll update the thread once it happens. But yeah, has anyone got any idea of what could cause a problem like this? :hmmm:

One of our old PC's did that. Upon starting it would randomly restart, and sometimes after running a while too. After trying about 5 times it could start working properly. I think it was the RAM causing it, but back then I was even more of a noob than I am now so I can't remember exactly. xD

Will probably be hardware most likely RAM. Or it could be the mainboard, in which case you're stuffed since it's an old laptop.

Another thing you can try is running the laptop with the battery taken out and run it straight off the power supply - that sometimes works.