We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Far Cry 3

iLLGT3

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game is amazing so far :D, but i was wondering if you can carry bodies? :confused:

There's a skill perk that lets you drag bodies after a takedown, otherwise no

Yea, but its not something too handy imho.

I use it often actually. If I go for an enemy and take him down, I try to drag him to the nearest wall or whatever cover I can find that isn't near any of his buddies paths.

I've played it today. I was waiting very long time for this game, I was so disappointed after Far Cry 2. And this time Ubisoft didn't fail. I'm at 5th mission right now, and I've fell in love with this game already. Shooting system is great, landscapes are breathtaking, and optimization is good too, I'm in shock that I can play it at medium/high details on my old PC that is not very good right now. I'm just discovering the game, but for now I have what I wanted to. And I'm glad it has that old good Far Cry 1 feeling :D

Hi there,

I playing this game - with a hexeditor and this unpacker(thanks to Rick) - and Haoose the first mod :D - and plan making an (ultra)realistic mod.

Some feature is working/testing, some feature is planning - currently I use mainly a memory editor:

- no minimap, no hud (only required elements visible) - currently testing in memory and

- replace minimap to a simple compass

- holster any weapon - working

- hold knife - i hope

- create/modify medikit recipe to food recipe eg. 2 green leaf + pig leaf :) - seems possible

- starvation (declining vitality - need food to stopping) - seems possible memory tested

- use medikitless healing aimations - for both healing - and use normal animation for eating (use medikit) - seems possible memory tested

- normal timelapse 1 game minute = equally 1 real minute - testing

- realistic damage values - need more time

etc.

Videos is coming. :)

Hi there,

I playing this game - with a hexeditor and this unpacker(thanks to Rick) - and Haoose the first mod :D - and plan making an (ultra)realistic mod.

Some feature is working/testing, some feature is planning - currently I use mainly a memory editor:

- no minimap, no hud (only required elements visible) - currently testing in memory and

- replace minimap to a simple compass

- holster any weapon - working

- hold knife - i hope

- create/modify medikit recipe to food recipe eg. 2 green leaf + pig leaf :) - seems possible

- starvation (declining vitality - need food to stopping) - seems possible memory tested

- use medikitless healing aimations - for both healing - and use normal animation for eating (use medikit) - seems possible memory tested

- normal timelapse 1 game minute = equally 1 real minute - testing

- realistic damage values - need more time

etc.

Videos is coming. :)

Please post back with results and info. I am really interested in this especially the 1/1 time ratio.

Would you say it'd make a good Christmas present for someone who likes shooty games then?

Definitely.

Just finished the main storyline and I gotta say, even though it was a bit dumb at some parts, most of the characters were brilliant. Rarely have I enjoyed the single player campaign of an FPSs this much. And still got loads of stuff to do :)

well I've been playing it for a while now .

I do prefer fc2 to this one.

it had better graphics, better gameplay and the story line...

jeez I mean how cheesier could it get. I knew they'd blow it.

But anyway it's fun for a while then it gets pretty repetitive

The online modes are really fun though. I haven't even checked the co-op yet.

So yeah I'd count on multiplayer rather than the story

I disagree with you Ozz the gameplay is amazing the story is brilliant, okay a little cheesy but yeah it was good fun and the graphics are amazing compared to far cry 2

Please read at your own risk if you don't want to know what goes on further ahead

the story is brilliant,when you kill Vaas the music and the way you killed him was amazing I just got to that part and was totally immersed sad to see Vaas die I would of preferred Jason dead :lol:

I think I need to try to sink a lot more hours in to this as it hasn't really been anything memorable so far, for me anyway. Apparently it gets better the more you progress through the story, but by Sunday last weekend I found myself playing other games already and I'd only had FC3 for two days.

It doesn't really give me any real urge to play it, I just randomly think "Hmm, haven't played it in quite a while so I better get my money's worth out of it" and go on it for a while. Seeing as I've got a week off I'll see how far I can get and see if it gets any better. Feel like I'm getting the flu now though so I'll probably just stay in bed half the week instead :p

I like the graphics, I like the weapons, I like the vehicles, but nothing else really engages me.

I think I need to try to sink a lot more hours in to this as it hasn't really been anything memorable so far, for me anyway. Apparently it gets better the more you progress through the story, but by Sunday last weekend I found myself playing other games already and I'd only had FC3 for two days.

It doesn't really give me any real urge to play it, I just randomly think "Hmm, haven't played it in quite a while so I better get my money's worth out of it" and go on it for a while. Seeing as I've got a week off I'll see how far I can get and see if it gets any better. Feel like I'm getting the flu now though so I'll probably just stay in bed half the week instead :p

I like the graphics, I like the weapons, I like the vehicles, but nothing else really engages me.

:es:.

well I've been playing it for a while now .

I do prefer fc2 to this one.

it had better graphics, better gameplay and the story line...

jeez I mean how cheesier could it get. I knew they'd blow it.

But anyway it's fun for a while then it gets pretty repetitive

The online modes are really fun though. I haven't even checked the co-op yet.

So yeah I'd count on multiplayer rather than the story

What game are you two even playing? (It's about to be a war so maybe just don't click the spoiler tag.

Ozz you liked FAR CRY TWO BETTER!? Far Cry 2 was a travesty. It was not even close to the original game and it had a horribly repetitive story, with the worst AI I had ever seen in a game. This brings it back to what Far Cry is all about. An island. A man and lots of stealth and shooting. I thought the story was trippy and actually well thought out and I haven't even beaten it yet. There's so much to do that I haven't even been focusing on the main quest line. The graphics are great, the characters are strange, but also very good. And the gameplay is engaging, with many many things to do besides just do the story line.

Not sorry for my opinion either and even if I massively disagree with the two above me, I do respect your opinions. I merely produce some evidence that may change your minds. :)

Thoughtful discussion.