We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Far Cry 3

iLLGT3

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful.

Love FarCry... always have. Cannot wait to play this one.

+1

I don't understand how FC2 got bad reviews. It was a great game. The few things that could have been fixed are the stealth, use of real guns, and being able to sprint longer distances.

But OMG, that first trailer gives me the chills.

Interesting principle, though the graphics look like CryEngine3 with worse textures (and the island almost identical to that of the first Crysis). Vehicles interesting as always. :hmmm:

I don't know how they managed it but , the graphics look worse than far cry 2.

Agreed. Can we stop having games designed for eight year old consoles?

-Leadfoot

;465049']Interesting principle, though the graphics look like CryEngine3 with worse textures (and the island almost identical to that of the first Crysis). Vehicles interesting as always. :hmmm:

Agreed. Can we stop having games designed for eight year old consoles?

-Leadfoot

Nope.

Well, you can in a couple of years. :p

And you can't purely blame the consoles, blame the game devs for not spending the extra time nor money to make the PC version look and run better than console versions of games.

Plus they make a pathetic profit from the PC market... so of course they spend time optimising for consoles.

That and the fact that most pc gamers don't actually pay for their games, lol... you know who you are ;)

Piracy is about service. It is always going to be there. Some companies are just not bothered with it.

How do you think WoW manages to sell so many copies without any piracy going on?

Blaming piracy is not the solution . Blame the service now you'd be on to something.

Wow is a subscription service not a single payment option. So they can employ a wider range of tools to fight piracy... but it still happens!

Piracy is about (lack of or poor) service? Thats a poor excuse. :(

Piracy is because people don't not want to pay for a product and feel they have a right to a product or service.

Sure there are some regions of the world where its hard to get games off the shelf, but there are multitudes of digital services out there to help solve that shortfall.

Wow is a subscription service not a single payment option. So they can employ a wider range of tools to fight piracy... but it still happens!

Piracy is about (lack of or poor) service? Thats a poor excuse. :(

Piracy is because people don't not want to pay for a product and feel they have a right to a product or service.

Sure there are some regions of the world where its hard to get games off the shelf, but there are multitudes of digital services out there to help solve that shortfall.

Poor service is the root of it / or the solution you're looking for.

Many people bought BF3 happily because of the multiplayer. And that's not the only kind.

I know many people who would like to buy the game off steam because it stays with them wherever they go with their account.

That was one of the ideas against piracy.

I guess it has become easier for companies to target the console audience instead of solving those problems

Poor service is the root of it / or the solution you're looking for.

I'm too old to sucked into that excuse.

But if that's how folk are justifying theft nowadays... :rolleyes:

Comparison:

I don't go into my local supermarket and steal from them, just because the 16 year old spotty oik at the till didn't smile and wish me a 'nice day'.

In my opinion there will always be a piracy problem with games on PC platform... purely because people can get it for free. Not because of service, but because they can. :o

Am happy to talk about this, although I'm starting to feel a tiny bit guilty that we haven't mentioned FC3 for a while.

I'm going to purchase FC3 by the way. With money I earned.

I'm not defending piracy here, I'm just pointing out the solutions that the companies are ignoring.

Within the range of reality I don't know how is it in your world but you cannot change the frame of mind those people have where they feel it is okay to steal.

Since revolution or writing a new manifesto for the society rules is a harder option why not give a better service than piracy and get it over with.

So don't bring the game of ethics into this , piracy won't be beaten by that for sure.

Please don't get upset, I'm not directing any of my comments at you. Just in general.

Any service other than piracy will demand some form of payment. Which some folk just won't do.

No matter how good the service.

Within the range of reality I don't know how is it in your world but you cannot change the frame of mind those people have where they feel it is okay to steal.

we both live in the same world and you can change mindsets through training and education.

However the sly insult in your sentence makes me think your starting to take this personally, so I'll probably stop discussing it.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest MrLolololXD

Looks like Ubi has been paying too much attention to what Atari does after release dates have been announced :mhmm:

But can I just say that I'm happy to see that the US has to wait longer than everybody else for the release date for a change. HUZZAH

I have to say, this is one of those rare cases where I don't give a hoot about the release being pushed back. Considering who's developing it, it most likely means a better game in the end.

I just hope that it's just as open and immersive as FC2. The only thing I don't like so far is the main baddy, he seems WAY too played up, but I guess that's one of those things I'd have to know the actual storyline to judge