We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Auto Club Revolution Open Beta

Ryzza5

In a normal game where you pick the car and track in game, the race loading time is much less.

With ACR you pick your car and track in the website, then you load the game directly into the race. Then the race finishes and the game quits, then you have to load the game again.

When I last played you couldn't even restart the current race without the game quitting on you.

• 4 weeks later...

I gave it a try today, probably won't come back to it anymore as I hate it when games that proudly boast being "free to play" go on to demand real cash for items that are essential to the gameplay (in this case: any car other than a Corsa). Which is a shame, as I quite enjoyed the few races I played. If you don't mind paying for things that don't in fact exist or driving a Corsa for all eternity, then this is the game for you, if you do, steer clear.

You sure that's not in game credits? There is a bunch of DLC but in an interview they said they'd at least have one free car in each class so you could level up. I haven't played it much because I don't like the web interface.

The prices of all cars in the showroom are in "E" credits, which you need to purchase for real money. I've read somewhere though that you get free reward cars as you progress through the game, if this is indeed the case then I might give it another chance.

• 6 months later...

Cool, haven't touched this since I first received the beta invite. Didn't quite enjoy the whole website thing where you have to load the game for each and every race. Broke the immersion too much; once a race finished an I was back at the desktop I always found something else to do instead.