We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Your Cars 0-100kph Acceleration Thread

GWTBialy

Hey guys!

Do you have some videos of cars you drive? For example - acceleration, top speed and so on. I think that will be a good idea to start thread like this.

That's my Honda Civic 1.8i-VTEC 0-100km/h acceleration with ESP turned on. I will record second attempt with ESP setting to off.

CLICK:

Honda Civic 1.8i VTEC Sport - 0-100km/h - VSA On [HD]

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:hmmm:

I'll do this when the weather is a little bit less, erm, wet. More than likely a few weeks away. Apparently it takes 11.3 seconds, doesn't feel that long when I floor it though.

Do you think i felt like 16 seconds? For me it was half of that time. :lol: Specially with my fast gear shiftings... lol

It is a Fiat Punto 1.4 Attractive. Manual. Around 85hp. Lol

I think i lost a good time at not leaving the 0 with enough rpm... i did not full the engine before start, if you can understand me.

Attractive? Good name for a Punto :p

Shell V-Power = more Vrooom :)

Also having a supercharger and turbo charger helps ;)

I gotta admit I'm surprised by the time you quoted Mellors. I'd expect a non-eco non-cheapo 2012 car to be < 10 seconds. :( And you're right, it does feel more sprightly when watching your driving videos.

Shell V-Power = more Vrooom :)

Also having a supercharger and turbo charger helps ;)

I gotta admit I'm surprised by the time you quoted Mellors. I'd expect a non-eco non-cheapo 2012 car to be < 10 seconds. :( And you're right, it does feel more sprightly when watching your driving videos.

It's supposed to be a fairly economical car. 1.6 isn't much in a modern car that's full of heavy stuff. It's a shame we couldn't get the turbo version, that hits 60 3 seconds quicker.

I'm pretty sure the time they say is conservative. I'll try it with and without the various traction control things on. Maybe 2-step it too.

It does seem to do everything effortlessly though. Want to overtake 2 cars at 50 in 6th gear? No problem! Lol

E: It is faster than most other cars of a similar size with the same size engine. The only one I found that was quicker was the 1.6 Golf, but we looked at that before we got this and the Golf came with a lot less kit in and on it.

Guest MrLolololXD

Me and my dad went out the other week in the GT, we got a 5.8 with traction control and 4.9 without, FPV states 5.4 from the factory, but its got a CAI setup and some better tyres. I didn't take a video, but we used a GPS timer and I had a stopwatch and kept an eye on the speedo to get the time.

Maybe next time we go out for new tyres... :mhmm:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.