We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 DLC Impressions and Feedback Thread

Eudemon

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that I quite like the look of the bikes. Definitely good that you can Test Drive them first before buying them. :) Not a fan of the sounds though.

At least it's getting a few people out of their Veyron's :lol:

*waits for someone to make a meme for that* :)

So... basically there's nothing to get excited about. The new Official CRC Challenges are a great idea but the problem is it came too late for anybody to care. Why would they add so much furniture is beyond me. The bikes feel a wee bit heavy and unresponsive. As far as I heard they didn't fix the clutch and managed to break force feedback the along way. The cars felt a bit easier to drive but they still like to spin out in the most ridiculous ways and places. But what's the worst about this DLC? The fact that it has so few new vehicles. The Harley alone makes for one motorbike class. There's the F40 and GTO but they haven't really introduced any plausible ways of earning cash. So good luck with getting 4,5 million. I haven't seen the auction house, guess it was slated for a later date or even scrapped.

If it was free it would be a great as a means of introducing new ground for upcoming DLC, otherwise? It was just not worth the wait.

Someone should create a video comparing TDU and TDU2 on the house on Hawaii at the South East next to the lighthouse and that has some nice turns and of course some jumps which would show how both games do with the bikes and their handling.

Anyone want to do that? Helmet view especially.

I had a feeling you'd ask that, so I had a quick test yesterday (only in the Spyker SUV, since that's the only car I drive since it's fast on and off road and fairly controllable).

With max FFB still set in the options there is absolutely no FFB - everything feels just as bad as before. When assigning controls I couldn't even find where you choose what buttons to use to make your avatar walk, which prevented me from switching cars in the house/garage/dealer so quit fairly quickly. Still have to start turning the wheel a good 1-200m before the corner as well. The graphics remain nice but for some reason FPS has dropped to below 30 (everything on full at 1080p on a GTX480) so I'm not sure what they've done there either.

There were no single player missions to test the cars/bikes, only a 2min test drive option from the dealer, and frankly I couldn't be bothered looking for those cars.

:modwork:

From the pCARS "TDU3" thread:

Time to start lobbying Atari I'd have thought chaps. Not that I'm asking ;)

I believe Ian is 'NotAsking' us to lobby Atari to have SMS create TDU 3...

Is that like NotMonza?

Yes :)

Perhaps we indulge Ian and *NotAsk* Atari to ask SMS to make TDU3? :D