We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

How to update unpacked game?

elementle

quick question

how does one update TDU2 with an unpacked game?

do u replace the .big archive files in the backup folder with the unpacked contents of the TDU2 folder?

if i update normally through uplauncher without going through the universal launcher and the game "repacks" my TDU2 folder, can i unpack it again after?

thanks guys

Yes and No. :confused:

Yes you must replace the big/map files and remove all the unpacked data ( remove everything apart from the Videos folder in your Euro /bnk folder ) then you can run uplauncher.

As we already know the game cannot handle having both packed and unpacked data at the same time. so you must remove the unpacked data if you want to update.

No the list of new files hasnt been completed yet ( as far as i know ), meaning if you try and unpack it, a lot of files will not be named correctly or be in the correct folders

So either dont update yet and keep your current mods active OR .... update and dont run any mods for a week or so.

Hope that answers the question enough for you

Actually checking progress of the file list, it should only be a few days before we can unpack the game again. Xarlith who is one of the only people working on the list has nearly finished. so it shouldn't be too long now..