We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post your pre-alpha Project CARS videos! *ARCHIVED*

Fear Deer

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That good videos! I wanted to make my own videos.

Do you use FRAPS to record?

I've always used FRAPS because it outputs uncompressed audio/video files, which I like, since I'm a bit of a quality freak. Only use it if you have a fast PC with plenty of disk space.

Do you upload the 50GB video directly to YouTube? I've used both (even purchased FRAPS) but it's just a bit out of date now.

LOL, no. I compress them with Handbrake using its default x264 preset, which does an excellent job at maintaining video quality with reasonable file sizes. The compressed videos look almost like the original, uncompressed video.

I've been using DxTory with lagarith's lossless codec, not perfect but much better than fraps imho.

Took this video with it:

I'm not quite sure what makes it much better than FRAPS, though. Your recording shows some noticeable stuttering.

Now that you mention it, it does, and it was recording at 30fps stable, I also processed it at 30fps with vegas..

However, a sample processed in vegas, recorded with fraps, looks less sharp and more blurry, than a sample recorded in dxtory and processed with the same settings.

Will try handbrake next time.

Also took this vid with dxtory, ignore teh super slow driving as it was my first time on that track, didn't know it at all.

Not so stuttery imho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksMoE0hj9So

I'm not quite sure what makes it much better than FRAPS, though. Your recording shows some noticeable stuttering.

That's probably his video card more than anything else ;) (nVidia 550 Ti according to his profile).

Your 560 seems to do very well though BeSweet. Do you have all the game video settings at max? Might be the main difference between mine (I have everything up to max using D4X for AA now - I've got the 4GB nVidia 680 GTX FTW edition)

It could indeed be my graphics card :mhmm: But should you read what I wrote and you will come to the conclusion that I don't stutter when recording, it's probably my rendering settings, could be the codec too.

Are you blind or what? :oook:

That's probably his video card more than anything else ;) (nVidia 550 Ti according to his profile).

Your 560 seems to do very well though BeSweet. Do you have all the game video settings at max? Might be the main difference between mine (I have everything up to max using D4X for AA now - I've got the 4GB nVidia 680 GTX FTW edition)

Everything on my end is maxed out at 1920x1080, minus AA, which is completely off (I'm focusing on the race, not the jagged edges on objects, so AA isn't needed IMO), which helps quite a bit with frame rates when not recording. FRAPS is locked to 29.97FPS so that there's no wide variance in FPS.

I don't know if it's me, but the latest pCARS update seemed to have noticeably increased my frame rates (when not recording, of course).

• 1 month later...

Guys I created a new bbcode specifically for the posting of many videos and such. As you know you can only inline post a MAX of 3 videos at a time per post. However now with the hidden bbCode you can inlcude 3 videos per hidden if you wish.

Usage is as so:

[plain]

Type your code or post your videos in here

[/plain]

Type your code or post your videos in here

or you can show what's hidden with

[plain][spoiler=Type your title here]Type your code or post your videos in here

[/plain]

[spoiler=Type your title here]Type your code or post your videos in here

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I've ditched FRAPS and Afterburner (besides quick screenshots) for the Elgato, which is what I was using to record GT5 and Forza on the consoles. Now I've connected it to my gaming PC HDMI port which loops back into the same PC via USB for recording, meaning much better FPS and great quality (if I don't convert them to reduce upload times). Definitely check them out. Easy to find on eBay.

The Elgato records everything that comes in via the HDMI port, obviously it's compressed to some degree given the much better file size but when I timeshift back immediately after doing something I don't notice any quality drop. Also you can choose the the resolution and video bit rate. I think the max is 30mbps 1080p. I've got my quality set to about half way. I still have about 3TB of old FRAPS footage referenced in abandoned SVP projects.

• 3 weeks later...