We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

HELP!!! I think I broke my game [PC]

elementle

first of all sorry if this is in the wrong section, i cant start a thread in the "support" section.

I wanted to update my game to get DLC2. As my game was previously unpacked, i moved the "unpacked" files to the backup folder and all the .big/map files that were previously in the backup folder to the main TDU2 directory.

I also got rid of everything in the /euro/bnk folder except for the "video" folder.

I then downloaded Knyazev's Build 12 mirror (i wasn't a huge fan of the 20kb/s) and extracted it to the TDU2 folder.

when i ran uplauncher it downloaded the missing DLC1 explo pack and upon pressing play, it said i was missing "crashhook.dll". I downloaded one from the TDU2 forums (someone else had the same problem as me).

Now when i press "play" in the uplauncher, the screen goes black (just before the Eden intro), then the game crashes.

Can anyone help me? I suspect, theres a file missing in the TDU2 folder or possibly still an unpacked file there.

Could you please look at the files in my TDU2 folder (will attach screenshot) and if you can spot anything missing or something that shouldn't be there, please let me know.

EDIT: also, in the backup folder, its got the avatar, database, frontend, fx, physics etc folders.

Thanks guys

[ATTACH]17530[/ATTACH]

You've obviously been messing with the files, so just reinstall the game. I ran the UpLauncher earlier and was getting over 400kbps (didn't actually play though, that would be TDUCk treason) :lol:

Will be quicker in the long run compared to mucking around with individual files.

discussions of how to gain dlc for free via memory hacking or hex editing ( or any method for that matter ) isnt allowed here.

But i can say, there IS still a way it can be done for all the new cars ( but not bikes ) No i wont be saying how it is done, im just saying it CAN be done.

yeah i got the memo about that. i thought along similar lines but reasoned that other people hexed the dlc cars before the dlc came out. i didnt think that they'd be re-replacing the cars and then buying them with atari tokens.

But none the less, i understand and accept the whole dlc exploit dont-ask-dont-tell thing.

such is the trials of being a new to a forum.

• 5 months later...