We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What Are You Thinking of Purchasing Next?

Ryzza5

That home-made shifter adapter is more expensive than I was expecting.

£74.00 GBP shipped to Melbourne, and it doesn't even come in a box (just an exposed PCB as shown here) and is practically half the price of the shifter itself.

http://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab267/gslooney/IMG_0836_web.jpg

So that's $114 AUD + $249 for the shifter = $365 which seems a bit of a ripoff. Then again, I've already spent loads in losing my G25 shifter, and there's no news on when the Fanatec CSS will be available and for what extortionate price, so who knows? I only tend to use the H shifter when speed/lap times aren't important (cruising, driving slower cars in GT5, etc).

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do want a car when i get my licence in 2014.. I have started saving and I am heading for one of these:

'00 Lexus IS200

'06 Lexus IS220d

'00 MB SLK 230 (with turbo around 250hp)

'04 MB SLK 200

'05 Mazda MX5

'05 BMW Z4

I know some of them are a bit exspensive, but you never know how much the price will drop in two years, and how much money i will make.. I can already afford an old Lexus / MB anyway :)

Do want a car when i get my licence in 2014.. I have started saving and I am heading for one of these:

'00 Lexus IS200

'06 Lexus IS220d

'00 MB SLK 230 (with turbo around 250hp)

'04 MB SLK 200

'05 Mazda MX5

'05 BMW Z4

I know some of them are a bit exspensive, but you never know how much the price will drop in two years, and how much money i will make.. I can already afford an old Lexus / MB anyway :)

Do you like swimming in money? :hmmm:

Do you like swimming in money? :hmmm:

I dont have enough to swim in, but I do like looking at them lol.

You see, i work loads. Apparently i "wasted" $9000 last year on home cinema and stuff, all of it earned in 2011. So i figured for the next two years, why not just save the money for a car instead? :)

• 3 months later...
Guest MrLolololXD

Don't go for the S13, not as a first car anyway. Unless you're prepared to dump a crapload of money into it. Most S13's have had the living crud beat out of them.

Go for the S14A :D *S14 nut*

Or better yet, a SUPRAAAAAARRRGGHHHH! :D

S14 FTW! Especially with the S15-style front clip. :)

-Leadfoot

Don't go for the S13, not as a first car anyway. Unless you're prepared to dump a crapload of money into it. Most S13's have had the living crud beat out of them.

Go for the S14A :D *S14 nut*

Or better yet, a SUPRAAAAAARRRGGHHHH! :D

I would like a supra but there is no way i can make 15k in a year and a half

and regards to the S13 I would go to the extra effort of finding a near stock one, there is a few around

Guest MrLolololXD

Have you thought about importing a car from Japan?

I dunno what the import prices to NZ are, or what your customs/compliance/rego fees are over there, but I'd imagine they wouldn't be too different to here. You could pick up a nice car for real cheap from there. Look into it, ask local car importers questions and stuff. You could snag yourself an absolute bargain. A Supra or S15, even an R34 (not a GTR) landed and complianced, ready to drive away, is quite possible for less than 10K.