We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What Are You Thinking of Purchasing Next?

Ryzza5

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

VW Extended New Car Warranty for 2 years, unlimited kilometres @ $1898.

After saying I didn't want to spend any more on the car, however I'm thinking this will make the car quite a bit easier to sell if I do find a good 2nd hand Golf R. Although the Mk7 Golf is revealed next Tuesday so who knows.

My warranty expires today so I've had to get a policy drafted up and I now have 14 days extra to decide and pay. Thoughts?

Dunno, Ryzza. It depends on when you want to buy a new car. I find it unnecessary buying a two years warranty when you don't know when you want to sell the car.

For me it would be better to buy a one year guarantee only when you know that you will sell the Golf that year. You're buying it for future buyer, right?

I hope you understand me. It's morning. :sip:

Yeah I get you. I've heard a few say they wouldn't buy my model car in DSG without warranty though due to the fact that the brand new "dry" 7 speed DSG fitted to 2009 MK6 Golf's like mine weren't 100% reliable, prone to a bit of jerkiness in stop/start traffic. I've had my clutches replaced free under warranty and that's the main idea behind extending warranty. I'd like to upgrade but there's no guarantee that I will.

A car of some sort. Got so many I'd like in various shapes, sizes and engines, but I'm struggling to narrow down the list :p

Basically, I don't know what I want. I can see it being a Skoda of some description though, it may not even be a vRS. Part of me wants to get a petrol to see what they're like to live with, the other part of me says I'll start kicking myself a few weeks down the line because I'll take a hit on fuel economy and I'd be better off with a diesel. Then another part of me says I want something sensible, and another part of me says I want something a bit more "out there" or interesting.

Would love an Octavia vRS in the Race Blue Metallic colour, but I can't afford the insurance, well I can, but I don't want to pay an insurance company a penny of what they're asking because it's a bit more than what I'd be comfortable with paying.

A car of some sort.

I can see it being a Skoda.

Another part of me says I want something a bit more interesting.

Really? :hmmm:

If you want something interesting and a bit economical, get a used 120d/120i. They are reliable and not expensive. Compared to an Octavia RS the 1er is smaller of course... I know you like those bloody Škoda's, but BMW is a BMW and has much better chassis!

However, if you still want a Škoda, wait a year and buy a facelifted Octavia RS.

I just wanted to upgrade my old DDR2 with DDR3, i think i overdid it a bit....:lol:

Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 (should be arriving next week)

32GB of DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz (should be arriving next week. yes, i know its over kill....)

AMD FX-8150 (probably ill wait for FX-8350 to come out)

Cooler Master Storm Trooper Full Tower

Corsair H100

Cooler Master Silence Pro Gold 1200W (or Corsair AX1200)

Seagate Barracuda 3.5'' 2TB 64MB 7200rpm HDD

OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD

Have only 4 months to build it :)

If you want something interesting and a bit economical, get a used 120d/120i. They are reliable and not expensive. Compared to an Octavia RS the 1er is smaller of course... I know you like those bloody Škoda's, but BMW is a BMW and has much better chassis!

:susp:

A new computer case, if only I could get off my lazy arse and read some reviews to find out which one to get.

A new hard drive, if only I could get off my lazy arse and read some reviews to find out which one to get.

A Blu-Ray player, if only I could get off my lazy arse and read some reviews to find out which one to get.

Still in the planning stage of these plans. :cheeese:

However, if you still want a Škoda, wait a year and buy a facelifted Octavia RS.

I wasn't implying the Skoda was interesting at all. I was basically saying my mind is still split and I don't know what I want my next car to be, e.g. interesting or a bit more sensible.

Don't want a BMW as most (if not all) are driven by complete idiots (a 'nice' word in exchange for the term I usually use) around here. If I had something 1-Series style it'd be a MK5 Golf.. so I might as well just stick with the Octavia because they're cheaper to buy than the equivalent Golf.

I just wanted to upgrade my old DDR2 with DDR3, i think i overdid it a bit....:lol:

Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 (should be arriving next week)

32GB of DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Black 1600MHz (should be arriving next week. yes, i know its over kill....)

AMD FX-8150 (probably ill wait for FX-8350 to come out)

Cooler Master Storm Trooper Full Tower

Corsair H100

Cooler Master Silence Pro Gold 1200W (or Corsair AX1200)

Seagate Barracuda 3.5'' 2TB 64MB 7200rpm HDD

OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD

Have only 4 months to build it :)

Just thought I would give my thoughts to this build.

Do you REALLY need 32GB of RAM? I mean, REALLY? I guess if you have the money but you shouldn't need any more than 16GB. Obviously it's your money though and I see you have already bought it so that's out of the question really.

As for the processor, why AMD? Intel really have a lead when it comes to processors now especially as apparently the Bulldozer's absolutely suck. I don't have one but that's what I have read and there is very little that's positive about them. Just something to consider of course.

For your power supply, why are you going for a 1200W? Not even systems with quad SLI setups use that much power and I doubt they will even in 3 years time. Same goes with AMD crossfire as I don't know what card you have at the moment. Actually, what graphics card do you have just so I can get an idea?

Good choices with everything else I haven't mentioned though.