We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What Are You Thinking of Purchasing Next?

Ryzza5

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well you need 32gb ram if you're into video editing and rendering.

I've worked in a media studio for a while and they had 16gb rams (this is 4-5 years ago).

you need even more these days. But if you're not into that stuff it's just showing off as the games and that sort would only use 6-7 gb max

Beemer looks much classier than the Civic, not sure how reliable old BMWs are though, and how expensive to fix...

Very unreliable and very expensive. Worth it, but may want to look at the next model.

I've heard mixed reports. The guy from whom I almost bought a 300-horsepower Legacy GT is a mechanic, and says that old BMWs are far cheaper to maintain than the turbocharged Subaru (and his Subaru wasn't a lemon, either - it was the best LGT I've ever seen). Owners, too, seem to say it's nothing crazy. My local mechanic and BMW club president, however, says the opposite. So we'll see.

-Leadfoot

As for the processor, why AMD? Intel really have a lead when it comes to processors now especially as apparently the Bulldozer's absolutely suck. I don't have one but that's what I have read and there is very little that's positive about them. Just something to consider of course.

When I was looking for parts for my PC build an Intel CPU with performance similar to the AMD CPU I finally got was going to cost almost as much as my whole PC ended up costing. That's when I dropped them. Not that I ever really picked them up to being with, as I've always had AMD and they've never failed.

;485471']Currently looking for one of these (although the ones I'm looking that aren't this nice looking):

http://image.europeancarweb.com/f/9307759/0401_08z%252B1984_bmw_m635%252Bfront_left_view.jpg

fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-mad-jealous-3cf473.jpg

Don't be surprised if you find it is missing one morning :whistle:

A Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita :hmmm:

Just not sure if I want to sell my Reventon to make space for it :mhmm: Maybe I'll just get rid of the FXX instead

Go for the Reventon my god it was taking up space in my garage so i paid a couple of people to dispose of it in the dessert.

Brought a Aventador in Orange well worth the investment :hmmm:

• 3 weeks later...
I've been messing about with the idea of giving auto cross a try. Not sure what kind of car to get, maybe a classic Mini Cooper or something. Any suggestions of other cars to look at?

If your just starting, could just get any car really. Something cheap & easy to fix? Me & a mate used to run a few 'field cars' we used to thrash about and try stuff with. always cheap cars his dad got(mostly cars that were MoT failures and such). sadly he moved out of the countryside so can no longer do that .

Know it's not the same as autocross, but could be better than buying a classic mini(which can cost a a bit, at least here in the UK). Just a suggestion! :)

-

I'm considering buying one of these...

honda-legend-3-5-S29752-3.jpg

A late 90's Honda Legend, the 3.5 V6 at that! :D

Can pick them up for under a grand at the moment, really considering it!