We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

G27 H-Gate Problemo

MephistoRacing

Sometime in the last few days my shifter decided to break. All the gears still work, but when i go into first, unless I wedge it right up into the top left corner of the gate, it switches between first and third. Same thing sometimes happens between second and fourth, though not as much. Any ideas on how to fix it? I'm not sure if I can RMA it as I bought it as refurbished

Well. Took it apart, didn;t see anything amiss, put it back together, plugged it into the wheel, plugged wheel in to PC, wheel calibrated, one of the shifter's internal cables got caught on a cable, and it snapped two of the tiny wires that goes to a POT. So now it only goes to 5th and 6th gear

oh dear, sorry to hear that. I had an issue with my g25 shifter too. It wouldn't go into reverse. I opened it up as you did and had to solder back the yellow cable underneath. I think the rest is controlled by the brown one I can't remember it correctly. The shifter unit is probably the most sensitive part of the gamepad. I'd say take it back to where you got it from , they should know a place that can fix it. It shouldn't cost you too much.

I love Chilicoke, used his video to figure out how to dismantle it :p Not much help there though

Normally, I'd fix things myself too, but I don't have my soldering gun anymore, and even if I did the wires look like they were pulled out of the POT, rather than the usual snap, not sure if I could fix that without ruining the POT

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I'd had those pictures when I first took it apart, especially for getting it back together. I had no idea where the tiny metal ball that flew across my living room was supposed to go :p

But I've gotten my replacement now, which is even better than the first one I had, since this one is new and the first one was refurbished. This one feels much better, and has made me realize that the FFB on the first one may have been a bit broken