We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

2012 - Your TDU1 PC Status

Ryzza5

What's your TDU1 (PC) Status?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What's your TDU1 (PC) Status?

• Uninstalled - don't plan on playing again
    • Uninstalled - but will play again shortly
    • Installed but not played in months - don't plan on playing again in the near future
    • Installed but not played in months - will play again in near future
    • Installed and play often (at least 1 hour every 2 weeks)

Since my Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter arrived the other day I've been playing TDU1 a bit and have been disappointed to find <50 people online each time (yesterday there was only 18 at one stage).

Makes connecting to people very easy but not a lot of choice when it comes to cruising with people in the same car group as yours.

Worse still is the fact that if Atari notices (and for this reason please DO NOT post this on the TDU2 forums) they may decide to retire these servers.

Granted - I was playing in the middle of the day (GMT+10) which is past midnight for you guys (as it turns out Russians don't like to sleep much) :)

So what is your TDU1 status? Are you open to playing/cruising more often? Perhaps you'd like to start a new profile and re-do the career for nostalgias sake? (assuming you were never forced to restart your profile due to not backing up) ;)

I did play it occasionally after we had reached our peak with the summer cruises of 2010. I cannot play it right now because I've been away for about 4 months (and still) No pc, no g25 , I can't wait to get home and launch it up though. I've already downloaded some new mods for it.

I hope they won't retire the servers.

I know we don't have full house cruises anymore but now and then I cruise with 2 or 3 people.

I say it lots of times. Plus SMS is trying to trademark it with their own development updates.

Quote would go here if I could remember where the SMS staff member said "soon " - can't search via vB because of the short terms or via Google because of the site restrictions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Since the first time a logged in (3+ years ago), there a lot of issuse that need to be solved with in the online part of the game. I did collect the bugs (I also didnt saw too much players at once) and sent to the developers nearly a year ago many times, but they didnt answared regardless that I'm bought the game. SHAME ON YOU TDU1 DEVELOPERS !!!

I got the game in 2007 for graduating from secundary school, and my dad promised me I'd finally get a new computer. So I got it and installed TDU1 on it. Was amazing, could run it full spec (that wasn't often the case since I'm not like most rich people who buy new hardware every month).

After completing career, I still played it often to cruise around, tried some mods, modded a few things myself, bought the megapack when it @*^%$&^@ finally showed up, but in the end my mates showed up less and less and combined with my 3d stuff and other games, I lost interest in 2010 and haven't played it again. Then I got a new PC in 2011, and haven't reinstalled TDU1 on it. Then again somewhere I don't have the urge/interest to replay TDU1 as much as I have with old NFS games, Max Payne 2, GTA SA and IV and even Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 xD

I remember the moment when I was reading a TDU review back in 2007. From that moment I knew I wanted it as soon as possible and when I got it on Christmas 2007 I was so damn happy. Later that day, I installed the game as well as patch and bought my first car, Alfa GT. I was playing it every day for a long time and in 2008 I found TDU Central. Then first mods came out and when NFS Shift was released three years ago, I started playing the game with new cars. Two years ago, I got a new PC and unfortunately lost my old save, which is really shame, because I've taken a lot of pictures... However, I've found a new one on the internet, installed lots of mods (my folder with mods has 4 gigabytes), which has made me to play it again. I play TDU just because of the great mods.

• 6 months later...