We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

I have played Forza 4 and...

Milli

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are a new member, aren't you? If so... you don't know my "fame" around here... lol

i know, girl, i know :D so i hope you won't shoot me for what i said above. tho a real gamer can say that none of those games are "the best" both have cons and props. i don't say that Forza 4 is better! i like them both the same :P

Have you ever played both games? Played both games and also drive a real car?

i'm a LFS fan actually, i din't played those games, i order an Xbox just for Forza 4. friend of mine have Forza 4 and was playing it quite a long time. after i saw the videos on YT i just have to have it! and yes, i drove cars in real life.

PS. later on ill buy PS3 and GT5 :)

Overall you found the game ok but there were a few things that annoyed you.

Of course, you haven't properly played either game until you try them with a modern steering wheel instead of a gamepad ;)

Since I have played both with the CSR-Elite + CS Pedals, I can finally offer my direct comparisons.

Both have good physics but the main difference comes from the fact that FM4 only works properly with 270 degrees rotation for some reason, whereas GT5 prefers you to use 900 (emulating a G25). GT5 feels smoother/slightly more refined because of this.

FM4 has way better engine sounds compared to GT5.

FM4 tracks get boring fast, prefer the GT5 selection, although it doesn't take long for me to jump back on the PC.

FM4 track visuals are generally nicer, cars are also very good, but there's a couple of occasions where GT5 is nicer as well.

FM4 is awful online (for me at least). GT5 is much more stable.

While I'm playing FM4 more often now because I've barely touched it before, I can say I was more hooked on GT5 when I first started playing that. However, I skipped GT3 and GT4 so numerous complaints from others don't necessary apply to me. (I also barely played the previous FM games as well, just a couple of split screen races mostly).

I guess you didn't like it.

Winnar! :lol:

I mean, believe me guys, i did not played it trying to dislike already... i really wanted to like it. I played it with the xbox joypad, and without assists, just abs.

So, my thoughts:

Sound is indeed better.

3D model cars are indeed better

Customization is also better, you have more options of rims and such.

Cons:

I didn't feel connected with the car

The way the car reacts is not logic, and to control a possible control losing is also not logic

Clutch is hopeless in the controller

Lighting maybe is nicer, but it feels more artificial, the weather, track and car... i am sorry, but a black Corvette looked sooooo toy-ish!

You can brake on grass like it was tarmac (which is not true, i have done that in real life, and the reaction was nothing like in Forza)

Feels that the car is hovering over the track.

and biggest fail, a stock Corvette almost flipped on Nurburgring by attacking a simple corner... if it was tuned, ok, but it was bone stock! I mean... wtf.

And nurburgring is weird looking there... less bumpy, more wider... it is just wrong.

Play the game just made me hate it even more. It still can be more fun, and harder, because it is harder to play, since you get no feeling and the game is not logic. But no thanks, i prefer a bit more of reality.

No, seriously... i really tried to like Forza, even because my cousin has it, and i didn't want to hate his game. But i am sorry...

milli, get a proper wheel, like one of the fanatec line. playing forza with game pad is like playing LFS with keyboard.

milli, get a proper wheel, like one of the fanatec line. playing forza with game pad is like playing LFS with keyboard.

That is ridiculous to say... really. You guys always told me to play the game, and then when i do, i still being a fan girl, i played it wrong i did this, i did that!?

I played Forza the same way i played GT5. I play both with controller... and the wheel will not change the physics, not in GT5 and not in Forza! So, please...

That is ridiculous to say... really. You guys always told me to play the game, and then when i do, i still being a fan girl, i played it wrong i did this, i did that!?

I played Forza the same way i played GT5. I play both with controller... and the wheel will not change the physics, not in GT5 and not in Forza! So, please...

Whoops. din't know that you play them both with a controller. but forza 4 have some bugs with game pad.

i showed this to a guy who owns Forza 4, owns fanatec wheel, and he confirmed that this never ever happen with a wheel.

anyway, i have a feeling that WW3 will start in here quite soon :D

So you play with a pad and you want realism? :hmmm: Sorry, but I can't imagine GT5 feeling very realistic either when played with the toy some would call a PS3-controller

Look Santeri, i am sorry, but i played both games, and if you read my post above, in GT5 you can feel the car on ground, you can feel the difference between driving a heavy and a light car, it is logic, feels natural, YES, EVEN IN A CONTROLLER! That doesn't happen in Forza! I played both, i KNOW what i am talking about!

Whoops. din't know that you play them both with a controller. but forza 4 have some bugs with game pad.

-video-

i showed this to a guy who owns Forza 4, owns fanatec wheel, and he confirmed that this never ever happen with a wheel.

anyway, i have a feeling that WW3 will start in here quite soon :D

Look, i don't need a video, i don't care about bugs, i played them both.

Look Santeri, i am sorry, but i played both games, and if you read my post above, in GT5 you can feel the car on ground, you can feel the difference between driving a heavy and a light car, it is logic, feels natural, YES, EVEN IN A CONTROLLER! That doesn't happen in Forza! I played both, i KNOW what i am talking about!

I have played all major GTs with a pad (GT4 also with a FFB wheel). I have also played FM2, FM3 and FM4, each one both with both a pad and a FFB wheel and I gotta say that your arguments are invalid. You can CLEARLY feel the difference when driving a small car, for example Lotus Elise when compared to a old 70s muscle car. Also, the handling is predictable, random losses of control belong to TDU2. The handling feels logical, clutch is better than in GT5 and the difference between the two series are NOWHERE near as enormous as you're trying to claim. Sure, GT5 is a bit more real but if you really want realism, you should plug your toy into your PC and try rFactor, pCARS etc.

*waits for "but GT5 has 1000 cars"*

E: Regarding the graphics etc; the graphics are obviously worse as it's running on an older console, duhh. The green hell has always been wrong in Forza, due to them reusing stuff. That's why it has kerbs that are a meter high.

^ I will tell you exactly what you told me before. Play both games. GT4 is very different than GT5.

I have played rFactor already, so, please...

Le true story.

FINALLY someone who can talk about it without call me a fan girl!

About feeling connected, i don't know Mb, but i can feel that in GT5, i felt that in Dirt 3 and i felt that even in NFS Shift. Somehow i didn't felt that in Forza.

About losing control, well, it is the feeling... it is linked to the reason above ^

About the clutch, they just have done it wrong, if they made it like ProStreet clutch, would be a lot better, really. But you press a button, it uses clutch itself and then change the gear...

Grass/tarmac braking, i put half of my car on grass and hit the brakes, as hard as i could, the car went straight, like not even a single move... and once, i missed the corner and went to the grass, i could easily brake and back to the road... like, easy as hell.

Corvette shouldn't be a reason to feel hovering...

Hope this explains better...