We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

I have played Forza 4 and...

Milli

Guest MrLolololXD

Forza's manual+clutch option has ruined games that only have a manual no clutch option for me T-T

Everytime I switch gears I go to press the clutch button and nothing happens, it just feels like I'm missing something without a clutch :(

---------- Post added at 13:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 13:27 PM ----------

Yep, there sure is gear crunching. Whenever I tell my brother to try manual + clutch in multiplayer, all I hear for the whole race is 'CRRRRRCHKKKKCHUKCLUNKCLUNKCCCHHHKKKKEEEEESEEEEKSSSHHHHHHHHH'

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool - well my shifter adapter is being posted today from the UK so will give it a try soon enough. Wasn't too happy to hear about people using the m+clutch mode to not shift properly and accelerate faster though (or have they patched that now)?

Why i am not in position to comment about? I played with it, so i can talk about anything that i have experienced.

because you've played with a controller, clutches are not designed for buttons

Clarence tried both, he prefer Forza... do i bother him because that? Do i bother Prophecy?

only in every thread possible.

Every single time I see your name there's a gt5 v forza war attached.

I don's say anything because the whole thing is so stupid.

Does it really matter if she played with the clutch or no? With a controller or a Wheel or not?

I drive with out the clutch and on a controller, If I want a clutch & a Wheel I'll turn the system off, grab my keys and go to the Almera(no laughing, i'm poor okay) and use them both then on my nearest backroads?

If Milli doesn't use a Wheel for GT5, then surely playing Forza 4 without a wheel is an equal comparison?

Anyway, arnt we beating a dead horse here and at a stale mate? Milli's played it and made her mind and not going to change it! Same with people not changing there mind about her saying she needs to play with more, cluthc , etc?

And now my advice:

If you bought a xbox 360: Forza 4

If you went for the Playstation 3: Gran Turismo 5

If you are rich: Both just to drive some cars that aren't in Forza/GT5

It might be the fact that i'm new but i dont get why Milli makes such a fuss about it. All of you guys actually. I bought an PS2 just for GT4 which i could play with my G27. i got bored with Forza 4 because i played Forza 3 too much with the controller. and rfactor. and it being very nice with the G27. i liked GT4 for the Kei-cars too.

Ladies and gentlemens. Please :stop: this mess.

Cool - well my shifter adapter is being posted today from the UK so will give it a try soon enough. Wasn't too happy to hear about people using the m+clutch mode to not shift properly and accelerate faster though (or have they patched that now)?

It's not that people aren't shifting properly, it's just that the replay system always shows people bouncing off the rev limiter for a second before changing.

If you were sat in the room watching me play the game, you would see none of that, but in the replay it happens on nearly every gear change. I'm not cheating! Like you thought I was a while back. :evil:

It's a bug that's been in replay mode since FM3 and it doesn't look like they're gonna fix it. Not really that important though tbh.

because you've played with a controller, clutches are not designed for buttons

only in every thread possible.

Every single time I see your name there's a gt5 v forza war attached.

I don's say anything because the whole thing is so stupid.

So, only wheel players can talk about a feature that you can also use in controller? So, only wheel players are able to talk, because driving games are not made for buttons! Your reason is pointless, i am sorry.

Also, being involved in discussions about GT5 vs Forza doesn't automatically makes me saying around GT5 is the best and try to sell the game to others. This thread is a clear example of what the discussions are... i challenge you to read the posts and find a post where i said GT5 is the best ever.

It might be the fact that i'm new but i dont get why Milli makes such a fuss about it. All of you guys actually. I bought an PS2 just for GT4 which i could play with my G27. i got bored with Forza 4 because i played Forza 3 too much with the controller. and rfactor. and it being very nice with the G27. i liked GT4 for the Kei-cars too.

Ladies and gentlemens. Please :stop: this mess.

I actually never wanted to make a fuss... but i will explain you, i have always been a GT fan... and this discussion about GT vs Forza is older than i ever thought, so... some discussions appeared in the chatbox, and i got a ridiculous, if i may say, fame of being a Forza hater. I never hated the game, i just biased my opinions on videos that i saw.

Everyone always told me to play the game then get my conclusions... so i did, and posted it here, because i really thought people would understand... some people actually did, and thank you for that, but some others still thinking i am wrong and not able to dislike the game, or not able to talk about it because i played it wrong... doesn't matter, really, i played, tested everything and made my opinion, you thinking i am able to or not.

If any Forza person here who never played GT5, and eventually get to play, i would like to read their opinions... even, if they dislike it.

If any Forza person here who never played GT5, and eventually get to play, i would like to read their opinions... even, if they dislike it.

A friend of mine has a PS3, so during this weekend's queensday festivities I stayed at his place during the nights. Eventually, he got me to play GT5 with him, after assuring me my Shelby GT350 witch I loved from GT4 was still in :D

Anyway: we started out, on the 'Ring. I started out in bumper cam, noticing how the surroundings lookd a bit "pixelated", or low-poly, but that has been known and discussed. We went around, and I just couln't keep the Shelby in a straight line. I though the controller was quite "loose", causing me to not have any feel of direction whatsoever. Then I made a mistake and switched to exterior view. The window around the door was pixelated, and you could really tell that it had been imported from GT4. this is fully the damage of PD wanting to get the game out asap thus not taking the time to make all cars HD. Witch has to be mentioned, because drifting in a good looking '71 Mustang over one of the dirt/snow stages is just plain awesome, as is the day/night cyclus.

About the physics, I can say that although they did seem a bit dead to me since GT4(understeer in said Shelby), it felt a bit better, but it was like driving an RC car to me, wich may be the effect milli experienced with playing FM4, being used to one and then switching to the other.

Overall, I have to say that GT5 does a really good job at capturing the physics and driving aspect of real life.... but that's the only thing it's good at. the looks, sounds, upgrade system and tracks can use some serious upgrading, wich is where FM4 stands out miles...

Now if you don't mind, I'll get in my Jeep and watch for flak. :D

7125493901_2ac0b77a6b_b.jpg