We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Custom chopper to replace harley fatboy

Nobby76

Hey kids.

I thought id share what im currently messing about with..

Im having a go at building a custom chopper to replace the harley fatboy. It's semi scratch built, i have a load of various models of cars and bikes ive collected over the years of doing 3d work. So i broke them all down to bare components and now im cherry picking the best ( or in some cases the ONLY ) usable parts from them, then modeling the rest by hand. Ive set the scale so the bike is almost the exact same size and position to the harley so once its done, it should be a lot easier to convert over to tdu.

Now the one thing i can't do, is make tdu vehicles :confused:... So what i will be doing is once i have finished building, UV mapping and texturing the bike (essentially a finished model) i will be offering it up to one of you guys ( if you want it ) to convert it over to tdu2.

Anyway heres a quick look at some of the bike so far....

Click to see bigger images

[ATTACH]17586[/ATTACH][ATTACH]17587[/ATTACH][ATTACH]17588[/ATTACH]

The wheels are just blank solid wheels at the moment, which means i can cut any shape i like into them :dance:

The tank, fenders and frame will all be uv mapped meaning they should all be able to be painted / stickered in game.

I have most of the parts already built, i just need to add uv maps and surfaces to the parts, make some textures. Then i can put all the parts together, ATM i have one file for the frame, one for the tank, one for the engine etc.. so i will have to get that taken care of..

Anyway.. thats what im messing with at the moment. Well that and my complete radio overhaul (which i am still working on )

Take it easy guys..

Nobby

Cheers dude. yeah i do like the engine, well everything apart from that air intake cover. It looks like a slice of swiss cheese, so i will probably redo that and make the holes a little more uniform, i may even switch it out for some wire mesh rather than a solid cover..

• 4 months later...